His work is in the collections of Louisiana Museum, Humlebæk (Denmark); Albertina Museum, Vienna; Baltimore Museum of Art; Munson-Williams-Proctor Art Institute, Utica; Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, Kansas City. He shows at Lennon Weinberg.
His writing has appeared in Art in America, Vogue, The New York Times, Arts, Art News, the Partisan Review, and the New Criterion.
- 2009 Rome Prize.
- 2007 Guggenheim Fellowship
- 2006 Nancy Graves Grant for Visual Artists
- 2005 Princeton University Fellow, Humanities Council
- two awards from American Academy of Arts and Letters
- three fellowships from National Endowment for the Arts
- two fellowships from New York State Council on the Arts.
- "AN UNBEARABLE WHITENESS OF BEING ", Lawrence Oliver Gallery
- "Jessica Stockholder", BOMB 41/Fall 1992
- "Mary Gaitskill", BOMB 30/Winter 1990
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-02. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-03. Retrieved 2010-06-19.