|No. 60 Free agent|
|Date of birth:||January 16, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Lawrenceville, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2011|
Stephon Heyer (born January 16, 1984) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted free agent in 2007. He played college football at Maryland.
High school years
Heyer attended Brookwood High School in Snellville, Georgia and was a student and a two-year letterman in football.
During his time at Maryland Heyer appeared in 50 games, with 37 starts at left tackle. He ended his college career by being selected and playing in the 2007 Hula Bowl. He earned honorable mention honors in 2006 as an All-ACC Lineman. After playing in the Champs Sports Bowl, Heyer was selected to the ESPN.com's All-Bowl team for his excellent play. In 2004 he started in all 11 games at left tackle and ended the year being the terps highest rated lineman. In 2003 he started in all 13 games at left tackle, finished the season as the team's second highest rated lineman, and had only two penalties the entire season. In 2002, as a freshman, Heyer played in all 13 games, but started only one, and had only two penalties for the entire season.
New York Jets
Heyer is the son of Ronald and Glenda Heyer. He was recruited by numerous division one colleges out of high school including: Michigan, Georgia, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, Ohio State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Auburn. He graduated with a degree in criminology and criminal justice in 2006.
- Elfin, David (December 31, 2009). "Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- Redskins settle on Stephon Heyer at right tackle
- Oakland Raiders 2011 Free Agents: OT Stephon Heyer Says He is a Raider
- Vrentas, Jenny (29 May 2012). "Jets to sign free-agent tackles Stephon Heyer, Ray Willis". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 29 May 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- PFW Staff (20 August 2012). "Jets release OT Heyer". Pro Football Weekly. Archived from the original on 20 August 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- BC Lions sign four Offensive Tackles to roster
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|