Stepping Out (Diana Krall album)
|Studio album by Diana Krall|
February 22, 2000
October 18-19, 1992Group IV Recording, Hollywood CA|
Kingsound, North Hollywood, CA
|Genre||Jazz, Vocal jazz|
Justin Time (1993, 2000, 2003, 2016), GRP (1998),|
Barnes & Noble (2016 LP)
|Diana Krall chronology|
Stepping Out is the debut album by Canadian jazz pianist and vocalist Diana Krall, released in 1993. It has since been reissued several times on Justin Time Records, as Stepping Out: The Early Recordings on GRP Records, and as a vinly LP record through Barnes & Noble.
|DemonsZone||7 / 10|
- "This Can't Be Love" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) - 4:31
- "Straighten Up and Fly Right" (Nat King Cole, Irving Mills) - 3:56
- "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" (Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) - 4:04
- "I'm Just a Lucky So-and-So" (Duke Ellington, Mack David) - 4:23
- "Body and Soul" (Johnny Green, Frank Eyton, Edward Heyman, Robert Sour) - 5:35
- "42nd Street" (Harry Warren, Al Dubin) - 6:21
- "Do Nothing Till You Hear from Me" (Duke Ellington, Bob Russell) - 4:33
- "Big Foot" (Klaus Suonsaari) - 7:07
- "The Frim-Fram Sauce" (Joe Ricardel, Redd Evans) - 4:08
- "Jimmie" (Diana Krall) - 5:26
- "As Long as I Live" (Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) - 4:42
- "On the Sunny Side of the Street" (Jimmy McHugh, Dorothy Fields) - 4:51
- Diana Krall - piano, vocals
- John Clayton - acoustic bass
- Jeff Hamilton - drums
- Producer: Jim West
- Engineer: Hank Cicalo, Ian Terry, Rick Winquest
- Mixing: Denis Cadieux, Ian Terry
- Mastering: Ian Terry
- Remastering: Renée Marc-Aurèle
- Arranger: Diana Krall
- Photography: Les Paparazzi, Michael Slobodian
- Liner notes: Ray Brown
Album - Billboard (North America)
|2000||Top Jazz Albums||3|
- "Diana Krall Stepping Out". AllMusic, member of the RhythmOne group. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Review: Stepping Out". DemonsZone. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Diana Krall: Stepping Out". Sputnikmusic. sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "Diana Krall – Stepping Out". Discogs. Retrieved 23 February 2018.