|Date of birth||17 September 1987|
|Place of birth||Kos, Greece|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Full-back, Midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 February 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 April 2013
Youth career & Atromitos
He was born on the Greek island of Kos and started his career in 2001 at local team Asklipios Ko. In 2004 he moved to Nikea-based club Chalkidona and when Chalkidona merged with Atromitos, he was transferred to the latter.
On 24 August 2009, Marinos signed a contract with Panathinaikos as a replacement for Bryce Moon, who was sent away on loan to PAOK the same year. It was agreed that Atromitos would receive a fee of 200K €. He joined Panathinaikos a week later, on 31 August, and made his league debut on 13 September 2009 in an away game against Panthrakikos, playing a full 90 minutes.
On 14 July 2013 Marinos signed a two years' contact for an undisclosed fee with the Belgian club Charleroi. He made his debut with the club on 17 August 2013 in a 1-2 home loss against Kortrijk and scored his first goal on 29 November 2014 in a 2-3 away win against Westerlo. On 12 August 2015, after a remarkable year with the club, Marinos extended his contract till the summer 2018.  He returned to the squad after three months playing as a starter in a 3-2 home loss against Waasland-Beveren.  On 21 April 2016, almost at the end of the 2015-16 season, Frédéric Borlée, doctor of the club, summarises the doctoral report:" He suffers from the disease of Haglund . Basically, it has a bony outgrowth at the back of the calcaneus (heel) which caused partial rupture of the Achilles tendon. The operation is necessary." Furthermore, "...the Greek midfielder had several injuries in the last few months and his return to the squad should not occur before 4-5 months", the doctor concluded. Marinos will therefore miss the summer preparation as well as the beginning of 2016-17 season. After a very difficult period for the defender marred by injury (252 days to be exact), on 17 December 2016, he returned to the squad as a starter in a 2-0 home win against Royal Excel Mouscron. On 19 February 2017, in a 1-1 away draw against rivals K.R.C. Genk, he scored his first goal in the season as a substitute, helping his club to climb in the 5th position of the League.
Marinos is a former Greece under-19 international. In 2010, he was called in Greek national team by Otto Rehhagel however didn't make an appearance. He was called again by Fernando Santos and he made his debut for the senior team on 11 August 2010 during a friendly match against Serbia, coming as a late substitute.
- As of 19 February 2017 
|Belgium||Pro League||Belgian Cup||Europe||Total|
|2013–14||Charleroi||Belgian Pro League||17||0||1||0||0||0||18||0|
- "Stergos Marinos biography" (in Greek). Stergos Marinos' official website. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Πρωταθλητής ο Ατρόμητος (Atromitos are champions)" (in Greek). in.gr. May 18, 2009. }
- «Πράσινος» ο Μαρίνος Το Έθνος (in Greek)
- Livanios, Savvas (1 September 2009). "Ξέμειναν τέσσερις (Four players left)". Eleftherotypia (in Greek).
- Moschas, Sokratis; Christoforou, Giorgos (31 August 2009). "Στον ΠΑΟΚ ο Μουν, Παιανία οι Μαρίνος... Μάντζιος (Moon to PAOK, Marinos and Mantzios to Paiania)" (in Greek). Sport24.
- "Κακός ο Παναθηναϊκός, νίκησε δύσκολα τον Πανθρακικό 1-0 (Bad Panathinaikos, they struggled to win Panthrakikos 1-0)" (in Greek). Eleftherotypia. 13 September 2009.
- Livanios, Savvas (26 April 2010). "Το "αφεντικό" σφίγγει το ζωνάρι... (The "boss" tightens the strings)". Eleftherotypia (in Greek).
- «Έκλεισε» στη Σαρλερουά ο Μαρίνος (in Greek)
- Stergos Marinos (in English)
- Stergos Mrinos prolonge jusqu'en 2018 (in French)
- Έλληνες για όλες τις δουλειές! (in Greek)
- SC Charleroi: Marinos absent quatre à cinq mois (in French)
- Genk laat zege tegen Charleroi glippen en blijft (voorlopig) buiten top-6
- Η nouvelle vague της Εθνικής contra.gr (in Greek)
- nooz.gr Εθνική: Οι 30 του Ρεχάγκελ! (in Greek)
- "Νικηφόρο ντεμπούτο Σάντος στον πάγκο της Εθνικής (Victorious debut for Santos on the bench of Greece)" (in Greek). Eleftherotypia. 11 August 2010.
- Τρία νέα πρόσωπα και μια επιστροφή στην Εθνική Ελευθεροτυπία (in Greek)
- Τα νέα πρόσωπα του Σάντος sport24.gr (in Greek)
- "Stergos Marinos profile". Soccerway.