|Birth name||Steven Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis|
22 November 1982 |
|Genres||House, progressive house, electro house, tech house|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, producer, remixer, label owner|
|Years active||2001 – present|
|Labels||Size Records, X, Columbia|
|Associated acts||Swedish House Mafia, Sebastian Ingrosso, Axwell, AN21, Max Vangeli, Third Party, Matisse & Sadko, Laidback Luke, Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman|
Steve Angello (born Steven Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis; 22 November 1982) is a Greek-Swedish disc jockey, record producer and record label owner. Angello was a member of Swedish House Mafia, together with Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso.
Angello was born to a Greek father and Swedish mother in Athens, Greece. Raised in Stockholm, Sweden, along with his brother AN21 (real name Antoine Josefsson), Angello began his musical and particularly dj-ing foray at 12 years of age.
Angello started out as a turntablist, fusing hip-hop, breakbeats and 1970s classics. By his late teens, he began getting into electronic music. Angello discovered house music through the club scene in Stockholm together with his best friend Sebastian Ingrosso, whilst listening to Da Funk. He was quoted to have "had a musical orgasm listening to this (song)."
Angello's claim to fame came when he released his remix of Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" in late 2004. Since then, he has established himself in the house music scene with such signature Beatport tracks as "KNAS", "Rave n' Roll" and "Yeah". He also accompanied his size edits for Junior Sanchez and Tim Mason, and made notable remix of the Robin S. track, "Show Me Love". Steve Angello is a prolific producer, with his, AN21's, and Max Vangeli's remix for Pendulum's 'The Island' and his own cut of Alex Metric's 'Open Your Eyes'. As a producer, his style can mainly be classified as house music with theatrical and epic themes.
Angello has produced under several different aliases. On his own, he has called himself Who's Who and released tracks called "Not So Dirty" and "Sexy F*ck". He often works closely with his childhood friend Sebastian Ingrosso on many projects. Aside from DJing together, they have also produced under the names Buy Now, Fireflies, General Moders, Mode Hookers, Outfunk, and The Sinners.
He has produced with Eric Prydz under the name A&P Project. Also, he has created a track with his friend Axwell under the name Supermongo, later renamed Supermode. They made a cover of an old Bronski Beat track, calling it "Tell Me Why". This was released via Ministry of Sound's Data Records imprint in summer 2006. He is also famous for "Open Your Eyes", a FIFA 12 track since the release on 13 September of FIFA 12.
Steve Angello was also a member of Swedish House Mafia, which is composed of him and his friends Sebastian Ingrosso, and Axwell. Under "Swedish House Mafia", they have produced hits such as "Save the World", "Antidote", "Greyhound", "One","Miami 2 Ibiza", and "Don't You Worry Child".
He also owns his own record label, Size Records, which many artists including Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman, Matisse & Sadko, Still Young, Tim Mason, Qulinez, Third Party, Junior Sanchez, AN21 & Max Vangeli and supports releases by Tommy Trash, Arno Cost, Marcus Schossow, Moguai, Ivan Gough, Henrix, and Wayne & Woods.
Angello's brother, Antoine Josefsson, is also a DJ and producer who goes by the name of AN21. Together they have released the tracks "Valodja", "Flonko" & "Swing N Swoosh" and "GODS", along with Sebjak. Steve Angello often tours with his brother and with his brother's partner, American DJ and producer Max Vangeli. Together AN21 & Max Vangeli, as they're more commonly known as, released the first non-compilation studio album in Size Records entitled People of the Night.
Steve Angello is married to Swedish model and TV personality Isabel Adrian and they have two daughters, Monday-Lily, born in 2010 and Winter-Rose born on 6 April 2012. He currently resides part-time in Los Angeles.
|Genre||Electro house, progressive house, tech house, house, techno|
|Country of origin||Sweden|
|Location||Los Angeles, California USA|
As well as releasing tracks through Subliminal, Data Records, Cr2 and Refune, and producing for Interscope Records, Angello is owner and founder of Size Records based in Stockholm, Sweden established in 2003. Through Size he has released singles such as Gypsy, Isabel and Flonko to name a few. Size also represents artists such as Tim Mason, Funkagenda, Max Vangeli, Third Party, Qulinez, Wayne & Woods, Tiësto, Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Don Diablo, Kris Menace, Kim Fai, Veerus, Thomas Gold, AN21, Avicii, Marcus Schossow, Boris Rush and Maxie Devine.
During 2012, it was noted that:
The Size Records family have had an exceptional summer. Spearheaded by Steve Angello, the roster have joined forces to play some of their biggest shows yet from Ushuaia in Ibiza to Central Park, NY.
In that year also, Angello launched a new venture – Size TV, in which Angello "is allowing cameras to capture his personal life as well as the extended Size Records family. The monthly video series will document everything from the creative process that goes into developing dance floor hits to what its like to get word from Steve that you are signing a track to Size."
Also in March 2013, Steve Angello launched X, being regarded as Size's sister label. The new label X is more focused on tech house than Size. The first release on X was an EP by Trent Cantrelle called Nice and Close.
In August 2013 Size Records observed its tenth anniversary with "SLVR" (pronounced "Silver"), a collaboration with Russian production duo Matisse & Sadko. It was the 100th release on the Size label.
In January 2014, the Size Records website and artwork had been redesigned. All album artwork now uses Trade Gothic Bold Extended, which was a choice made by Size's design team Rebels Studios, who have worked with Steve for years.
In March 2014, Size Records celebrated 10 years by giving away the first 100 releases for free via Google Play in the US, and through WeTransfer & Box internationally.
In a summary video of the #DECADE event, Steve had said he is looking to expand the label into further genres, once it "becomes solid". He has also recently announced he has hired a brand-new team, and has had talks with Scooter Braun. "Scooter is great. He’s very, very hungry. He’s one of the few guys in the music industry that really thinks outside the box. He thinks different…. and we think alike. He’s great and we’re doing some fun stuff together that I can’t really say now."
When asked about the future of Size records Steve had said "We’re at that point where we don’t care about the trophy, we just care about the fight. Our focus isn’t to make money, our focus is to be creative and have shit loads of fun." "I’m not done yet, I’ve just started. I haven’t even put in the second gear yet."
Since then, Angello has released a tracklist and three songs for his upcoming album Wild Youth. Remember, Children Of The Wild and Wasted Love will feature along with ten other tracks including one entitled .... Released 22nd November it marks a turning point as Angello's first full album since Swedish House Mafia any their separate ways.
As lead artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Woz Not Woz"
(with Eric Prydz)
|"Tell Me Why"
(with Axwell as Supermode)
(with Axwell, Ingrosso and Laidback Luke)
|2007||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||45||—||Non- album singles|
(with Sebastian Ingrosso)
|"Show Me Love"
(with Laidback Luke featuring Robin S.)
|"Everytime We Touch"
(with David Guetta, Chris Willis and Sebastian Ingrosso)
|"Leave the World Behind"
(with Axwell, Ingrosso and Laidback Luke featuring Deborah Cox)
|"Rave 'n' Roll"||2010||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|"Open Your Eyes"
(with Alex Metric featuring Ian Brown)
(with Dimitri Vangelis and Wyman)
|"Children of the Wild"
(featuring Mako )
(featuring The Presets)
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- 2007 : David Guetta featuring Cozi – "Baby When the Light"
- 2007 : Fireflies featuring Alexandra Prince – "I Can't Get Enough"
- 2009 : Kid Sister – "Right Hand Hi"
- 2011 : Nicole Scherzinger – "Don't Hold Your Breath"
- 2011 : Taio Cruz – "Troublemaker"
- 2011 : Taio Cruz – "Shotcaller"
- 2011 : Taio Cruz – "Positive"
- 2012 : Marina and the Diamonds – "Power & Control"
- 2012 : will.i.am featuring Eva Simons – "This Is Love"
- 2012 : Usher – "Numb"
- 2012 : Usher – "Euphoria"
- 2003 – Aerosol featuring Anne Murillo – Let the Music Play
- 2003 – StoneBridge – Put 'Em High (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
- 2003 – Arcade Mode – Your Love (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2003 – Gadjo – So Many Times
- 2004 – Deepgroove – Electrik / Diva (In My House)
- 2004 – Magnolia – It's All Vain (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2004 – DJ Flex and Sandy W – Love For You (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2004 – DJ Luccio – No Fear
- 2004 – DJ Rooster and Sammy Peralta – Shake It
- 2004 – Touché – She's at the Club / The Body Clap
- 2004 – Mohito – Slip Away
- 2004 – Room 5 – U Got Me
- 2004 – Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2004 – Phase 2 – Voodoo Love
- 2004 – Eric Prydz – Call on Me (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2004 – Benjamin Bates – Whole (The Steve Angello Mixes)
- 2005 – Armand Van Helden featuring Tekitha presents Sahara – Everytime I Feel It
- 2005 – Full Blown – Some Kinda Freak (Who's Who Re-edit)
- 2005 – DJ Rooster and Sammy Peralta – Shake It (Steve Angello Mix)
- 2005 – Röyksopp – 49 Percent (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Deep Dish – Say Hello (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Roman Flügel – Geht's Noch ?
- 2005 – Sahara – Everytime I Feel It (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2005 – Moby – Raining Again
- 2005 – Naughty Queen – Famous & Rich (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Robbie Rivera and StoneBridge – One Eye Shut (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Steve Lawler – That Sound (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – MBG and SDS – New Jack
- 2005 – Alex Neri – Housetrack
- 2005 – In-N-Out – EQ-Lizer (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2006 – Innersphere aka Shinedoe – Phunk (Steve Angello Re-Edit)
- 2006 – Justin Timberlake – My Love (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2006 – Ultra DJ's – Me & U (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Edit)
- 2006 – Laidback Luke featuring Stephen Granville – Hypnotize (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2007 – Robyn and Kleerup – With Every Heartbeat (Steve Angello Dub)
- 2007 – Fergie – London Bridge
- 2007 – Hard-Fi – Suburban Knights (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2007 – Robbie Rivera – One Eye Shut (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2008 – Tocadisco – Da Fuckin' Noize (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2008 – Flash Brothers – Palmito (Steve Angello RMX)
- 2009 – Kim Fai – P.O.V
- 2009 – Christian Smith and John Selway – Move!
- 2010 – Harry Romero, Junior Sanchez and Alexander Technique featuring Shawnee Taylor – Where You Are (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2010 – Cheryl Cole featuring will.i.am – 3 Words (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2010 – Magnetic Man – Perfect Stranger (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2010 – Pendulum – The Island (Steve Angello, AN21 & Max Vangeli Remix)
- 2010 – Congorock – Babylon (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2011 – Tim Mason – The Moment (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2011 – Nari & Milani – Kendo (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2011 – Nero – Me & You (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2013 – Depeche Mode – Soothe My Soul (Steve Angello vs. Jacques Lu Cont Remix)
- 2013 – Chase and Status – Count On Me (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2014 – Coldplay – A Sky Full of Stars (S-A Ibiza Edit)
- 2014 – London Grammar – Hey Now (Arty Remix x S-A Ibiza Edit)
- 2015 – Jean Michel Jarre & M83 - Glory (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2015 – Susanne Sundfør - Kamikaze (Steve Angello & AN21 Remix)
- Bruce Tantum, "Interview: EDM Kingpin Steve Angello Plays Central Park," TimeOut: New York, 18 September 2012
- Kia Makarechi, "Steve Angello On Why Swedish House Mafia Broke Up, New Music & What New Fans Don't Understand," Huffington Post, 14 September 2012
- Jose D. Duran, "Max Vangeli Talks New Year's Eve With Tiësto, Sexy Beats, and Ultra vs. WMC," Miami New Times, 30 December 2010
- Joakim Wedholm, "Isabel Adrian och Steve Angello har gift sig," Klick! (undated — in Swedish)
- "Size Records". Discogs. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- Juliette Mutzke-Felippelli, "Size TV Launches With Steve Angello," MixMag.net
- Kern Mason, "Steve Angello, Junior Sanchez Launch New Size Imprint: Exclusive," Billboard, 5 March 2013
- Nicole Mastrogiannis, "Steve Angello teams up with Matisse & Sadko on 'SLVR,'" 1037.The.Q
- Angello, Steve. "#DECADE 01 - INTRODUCTION". YouTube. Steve Angello. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Angello, Steve. "#DECADE 05 - SUMMARY". YouTube. Steve Angello. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Farella, Dylan. "The New Size: Steve Angello rebuilds team, prepares for new album, puts creativity at the core". Dancing Astronaut. Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Discography Steve Angello". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Discography Steve Angello". australian-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Discografie Steve Angello". ultratop.be (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Discography Steve Angello". spanishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Discographie Steve Angello". lescharts.com (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Steve Angello". officialcharts.de (in German). GfK Entertainment. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Discography Steve Angello". irishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Discografie Steve Angello". dutchcharts.nl (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Steve Angello". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- Steve Angello website
- Size Records website
- Steve Angello discography at Discogs
- Steve Angello on Facebook
- Steve Angello on Twitter
- Steve Angello on Instagram
- Isabel Adrian on Swedish Wikipedia
- Interview: Size Records' Wayne And Woods Talk Henrix Electro Collab "Jumangee" (3 July 2013)