|Birth name||Steve Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis|
22 November 1982 |
Steven Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis (born 22 November 1982) is a Greek-Swedish DJ, record producer, remixer and label owner. He was a member of Swedish House Mafia, together with Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso.
Angello was born to a Greek father and Swedish mother in Athens, Greece. Raised in Stockholm, Sweden, along with his brother Antoine Josefsson (who performs as AN21), Angello began DJ-ing at 12 years of age.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Angello released his remix of Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" in late 2004. He subsequently released the singles "KNAS", "Rave n' Roll" and "Yeah" on Beatport. He also accompanied his size edits for Junior Sanchez and Tim Mason, and had Robin S. track "Show Me Love" remixed. He has produced his, AN21's, and Max Vangeli's remix for Pendulum's "The Island" and his own remix of Alex Metric's "Open Your Eyes", a track used in the video game FIFA 12 released in September 2011.
Angello has produced under the alias Who's Who and released tracks called "Not So Dirty" and "Sexy F*ck". He often works with Ingrosso on DJing, and they have also produced under the names Buy Now, Fireflies, General Moders, Mode Hookers, Outfunk, and The Sinners.
He has produced with Eric Prydz under the name A&P Project. Also, he has created a track with Axwell under the name Supermongo, later renamed Supermode. They made a cover version of an old Bronski Beat track, calling it "Tell Me Why", which was released via Ministry of Sound's Data Records imprint in summer 2006.
Angello was a member of Swedish House Mafia, which is composed of him, Ingrosso, and Axwell. Under "Swedish House Mafia", they have produced the commercially successful singles "Save the World", "Antidote", "Greyhound", "One", "Miami 2 Ibiza", and "Don't You Worry Child".
Angello's brother, Antoine Josefsson, is also a DJ and producer who goes by the name of AN21. Together they have released the tracks "Valodja", "Flonko" & "Swing N Swoosh" and "GODS", along with Sebjak. Angello often tours with his brother and with his brother's partner, American DJ and producer Max Vangeli. Together AN21 & Max Vangeli released the first non-compilation studio album in Size Records entitled People of the Night.
As well as releasing tracks through Subliminal, Data Records, Cr2 and Refune, and producing for Interscope Records, Angello is owner and founder of Size Records based in Stockholm, Sweden established in 2003. Through Size he has released singles such as Gypsy, Isabel and Flonko. Size also represents artists such as Tim Mason, Funkagenda, Max Vangeli, Third Party, Qulinez, Wayne & Woods, Tiësto, Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Don Diablo, Kris Menace, Kim Fai, Veerus, Thomas Gold, AN21, Avicii, Marcus Schossow, Boris Rush and Maxie Devine. In 2012 they played at the Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel, and Central Park, New York.[unreliable source?]
Also in 2012, Angello launched Size TV, in which Angello allows camera to record his personal and working life.
In August 2013 Size Records observed its tenth anniversary with "SLVR" (pronounced "Silver"), a collaboration with Russian production duo Matisse & Sadko. It was the 100th release on the Size label.
In 2014, Angello had said he is looking to expand the label into further genres, once it "becomes solid". He also said that he would be expanding Size Records, and was planning to release a new album, to be called Wild Youth. Since then, Angello has released a track list and three songs for Wild Youth: "Remember", "Children Of The Wild" and "Wasted Love", along with ten other tracks including one entitled "...." The album is scheduled for release on 22 November 2016.
In April 2017, Angello played new songs at Coachella 2017, including his collaboration with Brandon Flowers from the Killers. The songs are from an upcoming album, titled Almost Human, set for release late 2017.
Angello is married to Swedish model and TV personality Isabel Adrian and they have two daughters, Monday-Lily, born in 2010 and Winter-Rose born on 6 April 2012. He currently resides part-time in Los Angeles.
- Studio albums
- "Wynn Social | Features". Trystlasvegas.com. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Interview: EDM kingpin Steve Angello plays Central Park". Timeout.com. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Steve Angello On Why Swedish House Mafia Broke Up, New Music & What New Fans Don't Understand". Huffingtonpost.com. 2012-09-14. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- Duran, Jose D. (2010-12-30). "Max Vangeli Talks New Year's Eve With Tiësto, Sexy Beats, and Ultra vs. WMC | Miami New Times". Blogs.miaminewtimes.com. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "AOL Radio Stations | Free Internet Radio | AOL Radio". Spinner.com. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Lights". Beatport. Archived from the original on 21 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Size TV Launches With Steve Angello". Mix. Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Kern Mason, "Steve Angello, Junior Sanchez Launch New Size Imprint: Exclusive," Billboard, 5 March 2013
- "Steve Angello Launches New Label 'X'". Data Transmission. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- Nicole Mastrogiannis, "Steve Angello teams up with Matisse & Sadko on 'SLVR,'" 1037.The.Q
- Angello, Steve. "#DECADE 01 - INTRODUCTION". YouTube. Steve Angello. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Angello, Steve. "#DECADE 05 - SUMMARY". YouTube. Steve Angello. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Farella, Dylan. "The New Size: Steve Angello rebuilds team, prepares for new album, puts creativity at the core". Dancing Astronaut. Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- 1001Tracklists. "Steve Angello @ Weekend 2, Coachella Festival, United States 2017-04-21". 1001Tracklists. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Isabel Adrian och Steve Angello har gift sig | Klick! | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet.se. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Steve Angello | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2016-06-20.