|40th Mayor of Colorado Springs|
June 7, 2011 – July 2, 2015
|Preceded by||Lionel Rivera|
|Succeeded by||John Suthers|
|Born||Goodland, Kansas, U.S.|
|Residence||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Alma mater||University of Colorado Colorado Springs (BA)|
Stephen G. "Steve" Bach was the mayor of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Elected in a runoff in May 2011, he was the city's first mayor under the new "strong mayor" form of government. In 2014, Bach announced he would not seek a second term as mayor.
After graduation, Bach moved to Cincinnati, Ohio, where he conducted business for a few years before returning to Colorado Springs. He stated that moving away from Colorado Springs was "The hardest day of my life. I know what it’s like to leave." He succeeded in selling real estate in the community, and founded his own brokerage firm.
Mayor of Colorado Springs
Bach was one of at least 11 mayoral candidates who ran in the April 2011 election to determine the candidates for runoff. He campaigned in the non-partisan election on a platform of "shaking up City Hall" and bringing jobs to the city. Bach ran numerous television spots in both the primary round of voting and the runoff. The runoff election, held May 17, 2011, was between Bach and former City Councilman Richard Skorman, a downtown businessman and a moderate. When the final results were calculated the next day, Bach had received 56,466 votes to Skorman's 42,315. The turnout was 64%, a high number for a local election in an off-year.
Bach was sworn in on June 7, 2011, at the city's historic Pioneers Museum downtown.
| Mayors of Colorado Springs
2011 – 2015
- City of Colorado Springs - Mayor
- "About | Steve Bach's Office". www.bachsoffice.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-03.
- Mayor shares insight with future Colorado Springs leaders | UCCS Communique
- Springs mayor candidates eye change | Colorado Statesman
- Richard Skorman Top Vote-Getter In Colorado Springs Mayoral Election; Will Face May 17 Runoff
- Bach holds big lead in Springs mayoral count | - BREAKING ELECTION NEWS - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO
- Steve Bach Will Be Next Colorado Springs Mayor