May 2, 1990 |
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||Montvale (NJ) Saint Joseph|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 235|
|Career NFL statistics|
Steve Beauharnais (born May 2, 1990) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Rutgers.
Beauharnais was a three-year standout at Saddle Brook High School in Saddle Brook, New Jersey before transferring to Saint Joseph Regional High School in Montvale, New Jersey for his senior season. While at Saint Joseph, he helped guide the Green Knights to an 11-1 record and the Non-Public Group III state title. He was named The Record Defensive Player of the Year as a senior where he recorded 99 tackles, including 11.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a true freshman, Beauharnais moved into the starting lineup for final three games at strongside linebacker, and also appeared on special teams. He played in all 13 games with 36 tackles and five sacks, and was one of two true freshmen to appear in all 13 games. In 2010, he was the starting middle linebacker who appeared in all 12 games. He finished third on the team in tackles (79), he also had six tackles-for-loss along with 1.5 sacks, four quarterback hurries and four fumble recoveries on the year. The following season, as a junior, he finished second on the team in tackles with 77, was first on the team in tackles for loss (16), and also recorded five sacks, three interceptions, one forced fumble and recovered a fumble. In 2012, he started all 13 games at middle linebacker, and was tied for third on the team with 83 tackles (32 solo) and 6 tackles for loss. He was named captain by his teammates and was a semifinalist for the Butkus Award. He also recorded an interception and six quarterback hurries.
New England Patriots
Beauharnais was only used sparingly In the 2013 season, playing primarily on special teams. He only recorded one snap on defense, but made the tackle on that play.
Beauharnais signed with the Washington Redskins practice squad on October 8, 2014. He was promoted to the active roster on November 24. He was waived on December 9, but re-signed with the practice squad on December 16. On December 19, Beauharnais was promoted again to the active roster.
On May 4, 2015, he was waived by the Redskins.
San Francisco 49ers
- Jones, Mike. "Redskins add CB Greg Ducre to roster, LB Steve Beauharnais to practice squad". Washington Post. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Jones, Mike (November 24, 2014). "Redskins place Adam Hayward on IR, promote Steve Beauharnais". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-12-02.
- Jones, Mike. "Redskins add linebackers Ja'Gared Davis and Trevardo Williams". Washington Post. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "12/16: Redskins Make Roster Moves". Redskins.com. December 16, 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-23.
- Gantt, Darin (December 19, 2014). "Washington puts Brandon Meriweather on IR". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-12-23.
- Keim, John (May 4, 2015). "Redskins cut 13 players, start adding UDFAs". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- Price, Taylor (August 7, 2015). "Notes from Jim Tomsula: 49ers Sign LB Steve Beauharnais, Jaquiski Tartt to Return to Practice". 49ers.com. Retrieved 2015-08-07.