|Born||September 14, 1955|
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
|Occupation(s)||Musician, producer, songwriter|
|Associated acts||Los Lobos, David Baerwald, The Blasters, Sheryl Crow|
Steven M. Berlin (born September 14, 1955, Philadelphia) is an American saxophonist, keyboardist and record producer, best known as a member of the rock group Los Lobos and, before that, Top Jimmy & the Rhythm Pigs, the Blasters, and the Flesh Eaters. Berlin is married and lives with his wife and children in Portland, Oregon. Berlin joined the band Tuatara as a side project in 1998 on their second album, Trading with the Enemy. Berlin is Jewish.
As either a session musician or producer, Berlin has worked with the Crash Test Dummies, Backyard Tire Fire, The Beat Farmers, John Lee Hooker, the Paladins, Faith No More, Dave Alvin, R.E.M., the Go-Go's, the Smithereens, the Replacements, Leo Kottke, Sheryl Crow, the Act, Los Super Seven, Rickie Lee Jones, String Cheese Incident, Alec Ounsworth (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah), Raul Malo, Rick Trevino, Jackie Greene, the Tragically Hip, Great Big Sea, the Bridge, Nathan Wiley, the Dandy Warhols, Making Movies, No Te Va Gustar and Deer Tick.
- Chris Morris Los Lobos: Dream in Blue 2015 - Page 57 1477308520 "At many of these early gigs, Los Lobos were augmented by another musician who started showing up at their shows, instrument in hand, just for the love of it: the Blasters' saxophonist Steve Berlin. Born in Philadelphia, John Coltrane's longtime home base, in 1955, Berlin was a hard-blowing, R&B- and jazz-savvy saxophonist..."
- A Jew And A Latino Walk Into A Recording Studio... : Code Switch : NPR https://www.npr.org/sections/.../2013/.../a-jew-and-a-latino-walk-into-a-recording-studio Dec 20, 2013 - Steve Berlin of Chicano band Los Lobos says if this were the ... or culture that develops in a vacuum, and Jewish-Americans are no exception. .... Jewish saxophonist and producer Steve Berlin of the Chicano band Los Lobos ...
- Los Lobos' Steve Berlin to Score 1928 Russian Silent Film Live idelsohnsociety.com/1822/blog/berline-excellency-brandeis-2011-12-02/ Nov 29, 2011 - Steve Berlin is the lone Jew in Los Lobos. ... and I liked the idea of two saxes, or sax and clarinet, of being able to interweave those textures into the movie. ... So, keeping it in that one color gives us the opportunity to explore ...
- A Jew And A Latino Walk Into A Recording Studio... | WJCT NEWS https://news.wjct.org/post/jew-and-latino-walk-recording-studio Dec 21, 2013 - Jewish saxophonist and producer Steve Berlin of the Chicano band Los ... "Since the earliest days of the American recording industry, Jews ...
- Timothy Finn "Making Movies: 'An Amazing Special Band'". Kansas City Star, December 14, 2012
|This article on an American saxophonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a rock musician from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a United States keyboardist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|