|Birth name||Stephen Dorff|
|Born||April 21, 1949|
|Origin||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Associated acts||George Strait, Clay Walker|
Dorff has written several songs for other artists, including "Hypnotize the Moon" and "My Heart Will Never Know" for Clay Walker, "The Man in Love with You" and "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait, "Don't Underestimate My Love for You" by Lee Greenwood, "Every Which Way but Loose" by Eddie Rabbitt and "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers. He also composed the themes for Spenser: For Hire, Murphy Brown, The Singing Bee, Just the 10 of Us and others. In addition, Dorff was a co-writer of the song "I Just Fall In Love Again" with composers Larry Herbstritt, Harry Lloyd, and Gloria Sklerov. "I Just Fall In Love Again" became a major pop hit for Anne Murray, peaking at #12 on the Billboard Top 100 in 1979. Steve Dorff also wrote the music score for the song "As Long As We Got Each Other" from the popular family TV sitcom Growing Pains, with John Bettis writing the lyrics.
He was also the music supervisor for Pure Country (1992) and Pure Country 2: The Gift (2010). Since 2009, he has been the bandleader on the CMT revival of The Singing Bee, for which he also composed the theme music.
- 1982 Honkytonk Man
- 1985 Rustlers' Rhapsody
- 1987 Back to the Beach
- 1987 My Best Friend Is a Vampire
- 1989 Pink Cadillac
- 1992 Pure Country
- 1996 Coyote Summer
- 1998 Dancer, Texas Pop. 81
- 1999 Blast from the Past
- 1999 Dudley Do-Right
- 2002 Mi Amigo
- 2010 Pure Country 2: The Gift
- Riggs, Thomas (1994). Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television. pp. 91–94.
- "Steve Dorff biography". Steve Dorff.com. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "Hit Songwriter Bios: Steve Dorff". Durango Songwriters Expo. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- Craig Harris. "Steve Dorff biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "Meet the Musicians". CMT. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Stephen Dorff". Film Reference.com. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
|This article about a United States songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|