|Occupation||Speculative fiction author
Serah Eley (previously Steve Eley) is an American speculative fiction author and former podcaster. She edited and produced Escape Pod, a science fiction podcast, and produced Pseudopod, a horror podcast, and PodCastle, a fantasy fiction podcast that debuted on April 1, 2008. These podcasts are produced under a Creative Commons license by her company Escape Artists Inc and are supported by the private donations of their audiences. Eley lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
On August 21, 2015, Steve Eley announced he was becoming a woman on the writers blog space medium.com, and that this announcement had already happened on Facebook in May 2015. Since then, Steve has been known as Serah Eley.
In 1994–95 Eley was one of a group of students who produced a manifesto about the Invisible Pink Unicorn on alt.atheism. Eley is usually credited as the primary author, and this quote is attributed to her:
"Invisible Pink Unicorns are beings of great spiritual power. We know this because they are capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them."
- "Stephen Eley to Resign as Escape Pod’s Editor". Locus Online. 28 April 2010.
- John Joseph Adams (11 April 2011). "Steve Eley Welcomes Our Podcasting Overlords in Episode 7 of The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy". Geek's Guide to the Galaxy. io9.
- "SOW 66 – Escape Pod with Steve Eley". Speaking of Wealth (podcast). 16 July 2012.
- Jesse Willis (30 September 2006). "WorldCon Fallout: Steve Eley Can’t Dance". SFFaudio (podcast).
- Serah Eley (21 August 2015). "Hi! I'm becoming a woman.". medium.com.
- Natalie Overstreet (1994-07-19). "Veracity of Christianity". Newsgroup: talk.origins. Usenet: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- escapepod.org, Eley's science fiction podcast
- pseudopod.org, Horror fiction podcast
- podcastle.org, Fantasy fiction podcast
- Stephen Eley at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|This article about a fiction writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|