January 16, 1960
|Deathstroke The Terminator
Batman Returns movie adaptation
Erwin studied commercial art at Oklahoma State University–Okmulgee. His first published comic book work appeared in Grimjack #18 (Jan. 1986)  published by First Comics. During the 1980s and 1990s, he worked primarily for DC Comics, his first story for that publisher appearing in The Vigilante #48 (Dec. 1987). After that title's cancellation, Erwin co-created the title Checkmate! with writer Paul Kupperberg. In August 1991, Erwin and Marv Wolfman launched the Deathstroke The Terminator title, a series which Erwin would draw from 1991 to 1994. The Gunfire character was created by Len Wein and Erwin in Deathstroke the Terminator Annual #3 (October 1993). Erwin drew the comics adaptation of Batman Returns as well as Star Trek: The Next Generation Shadowheart, the graphic novel adaptation of The Ashes of Eden, and the Mike Danger series published by Tekno Comix.
- Batman Returns: The Official Comic Adaptation of the Warner Bros. Motion Picture #1 (1992)
- Checkmate #1–8, 11–13, 15, 17–25, 30 (1988–1990)
- Deathstroke, The Terminator #1–9, 13, 17–21, 26–27, 29–34, Annual #2 (1991–1994)
- Gunfire #1–5 (1994)
- Hawk and Dove vol. 3 #21–22 (1991)
- New Gods vol. 3 #23–25 (1991)
- The New Titans #68–70 (1990)
- Showcase '96 #5 (1996)
- Star Trek #79, Special #3 (1995–1996)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Shadowheart #1–4 (1994–1995)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Special #2 (1994)
- Superboy #23 (1996)
- Superman: The Man of Steel #38 (1994)
- Titans Sell-Out Special #1 (1993)
- Vigilante #48–50 (1987–1988)
- Who's Who in the DC Universe #6–7 (1991)
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #16 (1986)
- Who's Who Update '88 #1, 4 (1988)
- "Steve Erwin Cartoonist, Tulsa" (PDF). Oklahoma Cartoonists Hall of Fame. 2007. Archived from the original on March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry Birthdays". Comics Buyer's Guide. Iola, Wisconsin. Archived from the original on October 29, 2010. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- Steve Erwin at the Grand Comics Database
- Manning, Matthew K.; Dolan, Hannah, ed. (2010). "1980s". DC Comics Year By Year A Visual Chronicle. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley. p. 235. ISBN 978-0-7566-6742-9.
The clandestine government operation Checkmate began its monthly adventures in April  in its self-titled ongoing series by writer Paul Kupperberg and artist Steve Erwin.
- Manning "1990s" in Dolan, p. 250: "Slade Wilson began his impressive sixty-issue run with the help of writer Marv Wolfman and artist Steve Erwin."
- Jimenez, Phil (2008). "Gunfire". In Dougall, Alastair. The DC Comics Encyclopedia. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley. p. 151. ISBN 0-7566-4119-5.
- Steve Erwin at the Comic Book DB
- Steve Erwin at the Lambiek Comiclopedia
- Steve Erwin at Mike's Amazing World of Comics
|Deathstroke, The Terminator artist