||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Stephen Fitzmaurice is an Irish Grammy Award-winning mixer and producer based in London, UK. His credits include albums for Depeche Mode, Seal, Sam Smith, Ian Brown, Kylie Minogue, Sting, Paloma Faith, Olly Murs, The Kooks, Alicia Keys, U2, and Utada Hikaru.
As a teenager, Fitzmaurice moved from Dublin to London, where he began working at Sarm Studios with legendary producer Trevor Horn and mixer Julian Mendelsohn. He later moved to New York where he worked on records by Jodeci, Eric Clapton and young upcoming artists, including Timbaland and Missy Elliott.
Since becoming a freelance Mix Engineer and Producer, Fitzmaurice has won and been nominated for multiple Grammy Awards. Fitzmaurice also Co-Produced and Mixed the first ever Number One James Bond Track and Oscar Winning Song, Writing's On The Wall. He also mixed Falling Slowly by The Frames, which an Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 80th Academy Awards.
- Seal - Kiss From A Rose - Record Of The Year - Grammy Winner
- U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind - Best Rock Album - Grammy Winner
- Sam Smith - Stay With Me - Record Of The Year - Grammy Winner
- Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour - Best Pop Album - Grammy Winner
- 2014 - In The Lonely Hour - Sam Smith
- 2014 - Say Something - Karen Harding
- 2014 - Listen - The Kooks
- 2015 - S/T - Max Jury
- 2015 - Writing's on the Wall (Sam Smith song) - Sam Smith
- 2015 - S/T - Eliza And The Bear
- 2015 - The London Sessions - Mary J Blige
- 2016 - Miss You - James Hersey
- 2016 - Various Singles - Liv Dawson
- 2016 - Fantôme - Utada Hikaru
- 2016 - Restless - Louis Berry
- 2017 - TBC - Benjamin Clementine
- 2017 - TBC - Forest Blakk
- 2017 - TBC - JP Cooper
- 2017 - Things I've Never Said - Frances
- 2017 - Human - Rag'n'Bone Man