Steve Fuller (American football)
|Date of birth:||January 5, 1957|
|Place of birth:||Enid, Oklahoma|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||198 lb (90 kg)|
|High school:||Spartanburg (SC)|
|NFL Draft:||1979 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Stephen Ray Fuller (born January 5, 1957) is a former college (Clemson University) and professional American football player in the National Football League. He played professionally for the Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Rams and Chicago Bears.
Fuller was born in Enid, Oklahoma and graduated from Spartanburg High School in Spartanburg, South Carolina. He played college football at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina. He was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, Fuller was a football and academic All-America at Clemson University.
Fuller was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 1st round (23rd overall) of the 1979 NFL Draft. He played in the National Football League for seven years, most notably with the Chicago Bears as their backup quarterback from 1984–1986, including the Super Bowl XX championship season in 1985. Fuller was named by Sports Illustrated as one of the top fifteen backup quarterbacks of all-time, based on his 1985 season with the Chicago Bears.
Fuller was awarded a gold record and a platinum video award for the 1985 "Super Bowl Shuffle", for which he was the sixth of the ten solo singers. During Super Bowl XLIV, Fuller joined other members of the 1985 Chicago Bears in resurrecting the Super Bowl Shuffle in a Boost Mobile commercial.
Life after the NFL
Fuller and his wife Anna have two children. They live in South Carolina where Fuller was a high school football coach at Hilton Head Prep School. Fuller currently works as Offensive Coordinator for the Hilton Head Island High School football team.
- 1975: 22/46 for 354 yards with 2 TD vs 3 INT. 47 carries for 148 yards.
- 1976: 58/116 for 835 yards with 5 TD vs 6 INT. 157 carries for 503 yards with 6 TD.
- 1977: 106/205 for 1,655 yards with 8 TD vs 8 INT. 178 carries for 437 yards with 6 TD.
- 1978: 101/187 for 1,515 yards with 7 TD vs 4 INT. 153 carries for 649 yards with 10 TD.
- "Steve Fuller". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "Steve Fuller profile". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "SC Nu Athletics". Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Archived from the original on July 31, 2009. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Backup plan saved Bears". ESPN Chicago. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "The Greatest Kansas City Chiefs, By The Numbers: #4". Arrowhead Pride. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- Jon GreenbergColumnist, ESPNChicago.comFollowArchive (2010-01-15). "Chicago Bears' "Super Bowl Shuffle" an enduring, endearing sports moment - ESPN Chicago". Sports.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steve Fuller (American football).|