Steve Gregory (American football)
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (August 2012)|
Gregory at the Chargers' practice in August 2008.
|Date of birth:||January 8, 1983|
|Place of birth:||Brooklyn, New York|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Stephen C. Gregory (born January 8, 1983) is a former American football safety that played in the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played college football at Syracuse.
Gregory lived in Staten Island, New York for most of his youth. He was a Jets fan growing up. He attended St. Margaret Mary Parochial Elementary school grades 6-8 then attended Monsignor Farrell High School before transferring to Curtis High School. He played college football at Syracuse University.
San Diego Chargers
New England Patriots
On March 15, 2012, Gregory signed with the New England Patriots. On Thanksgiving Night—November 22, 2012—Gregory had a primary role in the Patriots' victory over his home-town team, the New York Jets. In the game, Gregory had an interception, 2 recovered fumbles (one leading to a touchdown, during the now infamous Butt-Fumble play), 5 tackles, and 1 pass deflection. At the end of the game, on the national NBC broadcast, Gregory was awarded the traditional Thanksgiving award, along with teammates Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork.
Gregory was released by the Patriots on February 28, 2014.
Kansas City Chiefs
Gregory announced his retirement from football on August 9, 2014.
On June 4, 2015, the Syracuse athletic department announced Gregory would return to his alma mater as a Special Teams Quality Control coach.
|Year||Team||Games||Combine Tackles||Total Tackles||Assisted Tackles||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Fumble Recoveries||Interceptions||Interception Yards||Touchdowns||Pass Defended|
- Patriots, safety Gregory agree Mike Reiss, ESPN Boston
- How New York Jets lost to Patriots in under 60 seconds Gregg Rosenthal, NFL.com Retrieved 32 November 2012.
- Patra, Kevin (February 28, 2014). "Steve Gregory released by New England Patriots". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- Chiefs sign DB Steve Gregory, waive LB Ben Johnson
- Patra, Kevin (August 9, 2014). "Steve Gregory announces retirement from NFL". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- cuse.com. June 4, 2015 http://cuse.com/news/2015/6/4/FB_0604152738.aspx. Retrieved 2015-06-04. Missing or empty
- "Steve Gregory". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 9 January 2014.