This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Steve Haskin (born 1947 in New York) is an American horse racing journalist and author.
A former Wall Street employee, Haskin became interested in horse racing in 1967. He gained recognition for his annual coverage of the Kentucky Derby, first as National Correspondent for the Daily Racing Form and then as Senior Correspondent at The Blood-Horse until June 2015. Among his awards are the Walter Haight Award, Charles Englehard Award, and Old Hilltop Award, all for career excellence, six Red Smith Awards for Kentucky Derby coverage, two William Leggett Awards for Breeders' Cup coverage, and five First Place American Horse Publications Awards in five different categories. He was elected to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Media Roll of Honor (2016)
Steve Haskin is the author of six books:
- Baffert : Dirt Road to the Derby by Bob Baffert, with Steve Haskin. (1999)
- Dr. Fager (2000)
- John Henry (2001)
- Horse Racing's Holy Grail : The Epic Quest for the Kentucky Derby (2002)
- Kelso (2003)
- Tales From the Triple Crown (2007)
- Mitchell, Ron. Best of Talkin' Horses: Chat with Some of Thoroughbred Racing's Most Prominent Personalities. Lexington, KY: Blood-Horse Publications, 2008. 190.
- Hose Racing's Top 100 Moments. Lexington, KY: Blood-Horse, 2006. 8.
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|