Steve Hertz (third baseman)
|Born: February 26, 1945|
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
|April 21, 1964, for the Houston Colt .45s|
|Last MLB appearance|
|June 7, 1964, for the Houston Colt .45s|
Major League Baseball
Israel Baseball League
In 2007, Hertz was manager of the Tel Aviv Lightning in the lone season of the Israel Baseball League.[dead link] The Lightning finished the regular season in second place with a 26-14 (.650) record, and lost to the Modi'in Miracle in the playoff semifinals.
Halls of fame
In 1985, Hertz was inducted into the Miami High School Hall of Fame. In 2006, he was inducted into the Florida Community College Activities Association Hall of Fame.
- "Holtzman, Blomberg, Shamsky set to manage in Israel Baseball League". Associated Press. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-08-08. Retrieved 2007-03-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
Ruttman, Larry (2013). "Steve Hertz: Major League Infielder, Legendary College Coach". American Jews and America's Game: Voices of a Growing Legacy in Baseball. Lincoln, Nebraska and London, England: University of Nebraska Press. pp. 305–312. ISBN 978-0-8032-6475-5. This chapter in Ruttman's history, based on a June 24, 2007 interview with Hertz conducted for the book, discusses Hertz's American, Jewish, baseball, and life experiences from youth to the present.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Baseball Cube stats
- Fangraphs stats
- Baseball Almanac bio
- BR Bullpen profile
- Miami Dade bio
- Jewish Major Leaguers baseball card
- "Miami Dade College Coaches to be inducted into the Florida Community College Activities Association Hall of Fame", 10/10/06