Steve Huffman (Ohio politician)
|Member of the|
from the 5th district
|Assumed office |
January 1, 2019
|Preceded by||Bill Beagle|
|Member of the|
Ohio House of Representatives
from the 80th district
January 3, 2015 – December 31, 2018
|Preceded by||Richard Adams|
|Succeeded by||Jena Powell|
|Born||November 14, 1964|
|Residence||Tipp City, Ohio, U.S.|
Stephen A. Huffman (born November 14, 1964) is a Republican member of the Ohio Senate, representing the 5th district since 2019. Previously, Huffman served two terms in the Ohio House of Representatives.
Life and career
Huffman is a lifelong resident of Miami County and was raised in Ludlow Falls, Ohio. He graduated from the University of Toledo and has been a practicing physician for nearly 20 years. In 2013, Huffman announced that he was running for the Ohio House of Representatives after the incumbent, Richard Adams, announced he was not seeking another term. Huffman won a three-way primary with 45% of the vote, and won the general election to take the seat with 77% of the vote.
In 2018, state Senator Bill Beagle was term-limited, leaving the 5th district an open seat for that year's election. As a result, Huffman opted to forego another term in the Ohio House to run for the Senate seat. A competitive seat, the 5th district was a Democratic stronghold until it was won by Beagle in 2010. Despite this, Huffman prevailed, winning over Democrat Paul Bradley, 53% to 47%.
Huffman was sworn in for his first term on January 1, 2019.
- "About Steve Huffman". Retrieved 2014-12-06.
- "Miami County coroner announces bid for state rep". Daily Advocate. Darke County, Ohio. 2013-12-19. Archived from the original on 2014-12-14. Retrieved 2014-12-06.
- 2014 general election results, Ohio Secretary of State
- "Rep. Steve Huffman announces candidacy for Ohio Senate - Daily Advocate". www.dailyadvocate.com. 2017-05-22. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- Lynn Hulsey, Staff Writer. "Republican Huffman wins state Senate 5th District race". daytondailynews. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "Our Campaigns - OH State Senate 05 Race - Nov 06, 2018". www.ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
|This article about a member of the Ohio House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|