Steve John Shepherd
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Steve John Shepherd|
|Born||Stephen John Shepherd
September 1973 (age 44)
Plaistow, London, England, United Kingdom
Stephen "Steve" John Shepherd (born September 1973) is an English actor. He is perhaps best known for his portrayals of Jo in the TV Drama This Life and Michael Moon in the soap opera EastEnders from 2010 to 2013.
Shepherd was born in London and attended St Bonaventure's Catholic School where he first discovered an interest in acting. His mother is of English and Burmese ancestry, and his father is of English and Chinese ancestry. He lives in west London with wife Anna Wilson-Jones and their three children.
Shepherd's first well-known role was in 1996 in This Life. He remained in the role for two series (1996–1997). Other credits include The Best Man (2005), The One That Got Away (1996), Maisie Raine (1998), Virtual Sexuality (1999), G:MT - Greenwich Mean Time (1999), Forgive and Forget (2000), Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002), Boudica (2003), Layer Cake (2004), The Last Chancers (2004), Too Much Too Young (2005), and Dalziel and Pascoe. He played Paul in Channel 4's Plus One (2007) and appeared in Piaf at the Donmar Warehouse until 20 September 2008.
Shepherd appeared in BBC Three sitcom Lunch Monkeys as Charlie Brierson. On 17 January 2010, he appeared in the second episode of the second series of Being Human as Carl, a gay vampire. In 2011 he played the role of child abductor Max "Bag Man" Harding in the BBC series Waking the Dead.
In July 2010, Shepherd's casting as Michael Moon, the cousin of Alfie Moon, in EastEnders was announced. He made his first appearance on 1 October 2010. In May 2011, Shepherd was nominated in the Best Soap Newcomer category at the 2011 TV Choice Awards for his portrayal of Michael. In March 2013, Shepherd announced that he would be leaving EastEnders later that year. Shepherd's final storyline surrounded Michael's plan to murder his wife Janine Butcher. Michael's last episode was on 1 November 2013, when he was killed by Janine. Shepherd left the show to explore new roles.
- The One That Got Away (1996, TV Movie) - Small Bob
- Maisie Raine (1998) - Sam
- RPM (1998) - Rudy
- Virtual Sexuality (1999) - Jason, Narcissus Guy
- G:MT - Greenwich Mean Time (1999) - Sam
- Forgive and Forget (2000, TV Movie) - David O'Neil
- Me Without You (2001) - Carl
- From Hell (2001) - Special Branch Constable
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) - Naboo lieutenant
- Boudica (2003) - Catus
- Layer Cake (2004) - Tiptoes
- The Last Chancers (2004, TV Series) - Paul
- The Best Man (2005) - James
- Too Much Too Young (2007) - Vic Chambers
- Christmas Eve (2015) - Glen
- There's more to me than Martine | Theatre | Going Out | London Evening Standard
- It took a long time to get Michael Moon out of my system: EastEnders star to hit the stage | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard
- IMDb profile for The Best Man
- Kilkelly, Daniel (28 July 2010). "Alfie Moon's cousin to arrive in 'Enders". Digital Spy. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- Wightman, Catriona (18 May 2011). "In Full: TV Choice Awards 2011 – Nominees". Digital Spy. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Christian, Tobin (13 March 2013). "'EastEnders' exit for Michael Moon actor Steve John Shepherd - EastEnders News - Soaps - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- Christian, Tobin (13 March 2013). "'EastEnders' exit for Michael Moon actor Steve John Shepherd". Digital Spy. Retrieved 13 March 2013.