|Alma mater||Binghamton University|
Steven Wayne "Steve" Koren is an American writer/producer and screenwriter. Most notably, he has written for Saturday Night Live, Seinfeld, and Veep. He also wrote or co-wrote the movies Bruce Almighty, Click, A Night at the Roxbury and Superstar.
In addition, he has contributed to Curb Your Enthusiasm. (Palestinian Chicken Episode).
After college, he began his career as an NBC page. Among his duties as a page was working for Saturday Night Live. As a Rockefeller Center tour guide, Koren would hand jokes to David Letterman and Dennis Miller as they passed in the hall, which landed him a writing gig on SNL. He also occasionally acted for the series.
While at SNL, he wrote/co-wrote Weekend Update, Mary Katheryn Gallagher, The Roxbury Guys, Adam Sandler’s The Denise Show, The Joe Pesci Show, Jim Carrey’s Hot Tub Lifeguard, among many other sketches.
In addition, he helped write and performed on Adam Sandler’s Platinum debut album They’re All Gonna Laugh At You.
Later, he became a writer for Seinfeld, and wrote the episodes "The Abstinence," "The English Patient," "The Serenity Now," and "The Dealership," and he was one of the contributors to the teleplay for "The Frogger" and "The Puerto Rican Day".
Koren has executive-produced several films such as Adam Sandler's Grown Ups (2010), Just Go with It (2011), Blended (2014), and Pixels (2015). Koren also wrote the movie Superstar starring Molly Shannon and Will Ferrell.
- Saturday Night Live (TV) (1991–1998)
- Seinfeld (TV) (1996–1998)
- A Night at the Roxbury (1998) (co-written with Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan)
- Superstar (1999) (written as Steven Wayne Koren)
- Everything But the Girl (TV movie) (2001)
- Bruce Almighty (2003) (co-written with Mark O'Keefe and Steve Oedekerk)
- Click (2006) (co-written with Mark O'Keefe)
- Fishy (short film) (2006)
- Jack and Jill (2011) (co-written with Adam Sandler and Robert Smigel)
- A Thousand Words (2012)
- Veep (2016)
- "The Millennium" (May 1, 1997) - as the character Steve Koren
"The Dealership" (January 8, 1998) - as the Cab Driver
"The Finale" (May 14, 1998) - as a Juror
- Fishy (short film) (2006) - as Dad
Awards and nominations
- Emmy Award Winner (2016) for Outstanding Comedy Series: Veep
- Emmy Award nominee (1992, 1993) for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing in a Variety or Music Program; the nomination was shared with other writers for Saturday Night Live
- Emmy Award nominee (1998) for Outstanding Comedy Series; the nomination was shared with other writers for Seinfeld
- "They Came From Queens". Queens Tribune. 2005. Archived from the original on June 15, 2011. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- "60 Perspectives - Harpur at 60". Binghamton University. Archived from the original on May 13, 2012. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- "SNL Archives: Cast: Steve Koren". Saturday Night Live. Archived from the original on August 18, 2012. Retrieved September 20, 2012.