This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Steven L. Marmel
December 17, 1964
Lincolnwood, Illinois, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Writer, producer, actor, comedian|
Steve L. Marmel (born December 17, 1964) is an American television writer and producer who has worked on many animated TV series, including The Fairly OddParents, I Am Weasel, Danny Phantom, Family Guy and Yin Yang Yo!. During his work on The Fairly OddParents he frequently co-wrote episodes with Butch Hartman. Marmel also created the series Sonny with a Chance as well as the series Mech-X4.
Marmel had been stand-up comedian since the age of 18, and was discovered while performing in 1996 by a Hanna Barbera executive who thought he'd be ideal as a writer for Johnny Bravo. He has since worked on numerous other shows for Hanna Barbera, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel, and has been nominated for multiple Emmy and Annie Awards for his work as a writer, producer and songwriter.
Marmel, regarding his political views, describes himself as a "raging moderate". The conservative magazine The American Spectator praised Marmel's depiction of conservatives in the animated TV series This Just In!, while second amendment advocates have criticized Marmel's support of gun control.
- Johnny Bravo (1996–97) (Staff writer: Story & Teleplay)
- Cow and Chicken (1997–98) (Staff writer)
- I Am Weasel (1997–99) (Staff writer)
- Family Guy (1999) (Punch-up guy)
- The Fairly OddParents (2001–06) (Story, Writer, producer, director)
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2002) (Writer)
- Danny Phantom (2004–07) (Story, Story Editor, Writer (2004-2006), executive producer (2004-2006), developer)
- This Just In (2004) (Creator, executive producer, writer)
- Yin Yang Yo! (2006–08) (Story, Writer, producer)
- Family Guy (2013-2014) (Producer & Writer)
- Sonny with a Chance (2009–11) (Creator, writer, executive producer)
- So Random! (2011–12) (Creator, Writer, executive producer)
- Mech-X4 (2016 –) (Creator, writer, executive producer)
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (3 episodes in 2004)
- Smosh: The Movie (2015) (Writer)
- "Steve Marmel". Metacritic. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Steve Marmel, Co-Exec Producer / Head Writer for Yin Yang Yo!". Animation Magazine. August 4, 2006.
- Steve Marmel on IMDb
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|