|Full name||Stephen Mavin|
|Born||11 January 1968|
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Steve Mavin (born 11 January 1968) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer. He played for the South Sydney Rabbitohs from 1987 until 1990. Mavin played for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs in 1991, and then returned to the Rabbitohs in 1992.
Mavin played for the Botany Rams and Alexandria Rovers before being graded by South Sydney.
Mavin played a total of 101 first grade games which included 89 for the Rabbitohs and 12 for the Bulldogs. Mavin made his debut with the Rabbitohs as a 19-year-old on 27 February 1987 and scored his first try in round 4 when he crossed for a double against the Penrith Panthers at Redfern Oval.
Mavin is remembered for his performance in the 1987 sudden death semi final against the Canberra Raiders when he made a number of errors that led to him being replaced in the 1st half of the game before the Rabbitohs were eliminated from the competition 46-12. In 2017, it was revealed that Mavin left the ground at halftime after being substituted and watched the second half from the Cauliflower Hotel in Redfern.
Mavin later said of the game "A bit later, Ian Roberts and David Boyle came to get me. They said the team function was at Maroubra Junction and that I should come along. I was like, ‘Ah … what can I do?’ But I went along and it was OK. Wally Lewis was there. He sort of gave me the thumbs up. But mate I was pretty inconsolable".
Mavin would spend three more seasons with Souths, an off-season with English second division club Trafford Borough, and one year with Canterbury-Bankstown. He returned to Souths in the 1992 season, broke his leg in Round 1 against the Parramatta Eels. Mavin was later released by Souths and trialed with the Newcastle Knights and St George but decided to retire at the age of 25. Mavin was a big and fast flamboyant centre/winger who was also well known for his diving swan dive tries. Mavin scored a total of 26 tries during his career. In 2019 Mavin began co-hosting Rabbitohs Radio, a weekly rugby league podcast covering the South Sydney Rabbitohs. In the podcast Mavin, former teammate Darren Brown  & Grant Chappell examine Rabbitohs team news, performances & interview special guests. 
- Rugby League Project
- Yesterday's Hero
- "Steve Mavin - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Rugby League Tables / Steve Mavin Statistics". Stats.rleague.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Eastgate Multimedia (14 April 1991). "Bulldogs Rugby League Club - Official Website". Thebulldogs.com.au. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Rugby League Tables / Souths 2 v Illawarra 25 / Round 1, 1987". Stats.rleague.com. 27 February 1987. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Rugby League Tables / Souths 13 v Penrith 6 / Round 4, 1987". Stats.rleague.com. 22 March 1987. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "NRL Finals 2017: Steve Mavin's epic finals meltdown for South Sydney vs Canberra, 30 years on". www.foxsports.com.au.
- (12:23am). "Top 10 finals blunders | Daily Telegraph Buzzwords Blog". Blogs.news.com.au. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Rugby League Tables / Canberra 46 v Souths 12 / Minor Semi, 1987". Stats.rleague.com. 12 September 1987. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Steve Mavin Scores". YouTube. 12 August 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
|This Australian rugby league football biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|