Stephen "Steve" Ouimette
|Born||June 18, 1968|
|Genres||Rock, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||T-Ride, Snaketrain|
Stephen "Steve" Ouimette (born June 18, 1968) is a rock guitarist. He is known for performing a cover version of the hit song "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" (which was originally by the Charlie Daniels Band) for the video game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, in which the parts played on the fiddle are instead played on an electric guitar by Ouimette, Ed DeGenaro and Geoff Tyson (though the lyrics remained unchanged). Aside from this track, Ouimette also recorded seven other songs for the game, and also made a version of the Christmas carol "We Three Kings" released as downloadable content for Guitar Hero III.
On October 12, 2010, Ouimette released the digital version of his solo debut album, EPIC. The physical version, which contained a bonus DVD, was released on October 26, 2010.
- 1 Discography
- 2 Equipment
- 3 Video Game Contributions
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- Snaketrain Featuring Dave Candelaria and Steve Ouimette
- The Seattle Sessions (EP)
Gibson Les Paul's, Godin Redline, Richmond Dorchester, Fender Nocaster, Baritones (Les Paul, Tacoma, Danelectro, Epiphone Newport Bass 6), Greco, Hamer, Vox, Jazz Bass, P-Bass, various vintage and modern acoustics.
Ouimette uses a wide variety of vintage and modern guitars and amps. He endorses Godin Guitars, Eminence Speakers and D'Addario Strings. He also collects and plays homemade and exotic instruments like the Marx-o-Chime, Greek bouzouki, GuitarViol, mandolin, cigar box guitars and ukulele.
Video Game Contributions
- "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" by The Charlie Daniels Band
- "We Three Kings" by John Henry Hopkins, Jr.
- "Top Gun Anthem" by Harold Faltermeyer
- "School's Out" by Alice Cooper
- "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by Scorpions
- "Talk Dirty to Me" by Poison
- "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" by Blue Öyster Cult
- "Barracuda" by Heart
- "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar
- "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain
- "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" by Charles Wesley
- "God Save the Queen"
- "Il Canto degli Italiani"
- "La Marseillaise"
- "Lied der Deutschen"
- "The Star-Spangled Banner"
- "Poison" by Alice Cooper
- "Canyon Melody"
- "Vulture's Prayer"
- "Kusagari Blues"
- Ouimette, Steve (2007-10-25). "Q&A with Steve Ouimette: The Devil Went Down To Georgia on Guitar Hero 3". steveouimette.com. Archived from the original on 2008-01-01. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- Berardini, César (2007-12-10). "Guitar Hero III December Downloads Revealed". TeamXbox.com. Retrieved 2007-12-16.