|Steve R. Pieczenik|
December 7, 1943 |
|Occupation||Author, publisher, civil servant, psychiatrist|
Early life and education
Pieczenik was born in Cuba of Jewish parents from Russia and Poland and was raised in France. His father, a doctor from Dombrovicz who studied and worked in Toulouse, France, fled Poland before World War II. His mother, a Russian Jew from Białystok, Poland, fled Europe after many of her family members were killed. The couple met in Portugal, where both had fled ahead of the Nazi invaders. Pieczenik was born in Cuba in 1943. After living in Toulouse for six years, Pieczenik's family migrated to the United States, where they settled in the Harlem area of New York City, New York. Steve Pieczenik was eight years old when his parents received their entry visa to the United States.
Pieczenik is a classical pianist and wrote a full-length musical at the age of eight.
Pieczenik's autobiography notes that he attended Booker T. Washington High School in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City. Pieczenik received a full scholarship to Cornell University at the age of 16. According to Pieczenik, he received a BA degree in Pre-Medicine and Psychology from Cornell in 1964, and later attended Cornell University Medical College. He attained his PhD in international relations from MIT while studying at Harvard Medical School. Pieczenik claims to be the first psychiatrist ever to receive a PhD focusing on international relations.
While performing his psychiatry residency at Harvard, he was awarded the Harry E. Solomon award for his paper titled: "The hierarchy of ego-defense mechanisms in foreign policy decision making".
Pieczenik was Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance and James Baker. His expertise includes foreign policy, international crisis management and psychological warfare. He served the presidential administrations of Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush in the capacity of deputy assistant secretary.
At the Department of State, he served as a "specialist on hostage taking". He has been credited with devising successful negotiating strategies and tactics used in several high-profile hostage situations, including the 1976 TWA Flight 355 hostage situation and the 1977 kidnapping of the son of Cyprus' president. He was involved in negotiations for the release of Aldo Moro after Moro was kidnapped. As a renowned psychiatrist, he was utilized as a press source for early information on the mental state of the hostages involved in the Iran hostage crisis after they were freed. In 1977, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist Mary McGrory described Stephen Pieczenik as "one of the most 'brilliantly competent' men in the field of terrorism". He worked "side by side" with Police Chief Maurice J. Cullinane in the Washington, D.C. command center of Mayor Walter Washington during the 1977 Hanafi Siege. In 1978, Pieczenik was known as "a psychiatrist and political scientist in the U.S. Department of State whose credentials and experiences are probably unique among officials handling terrorist situations".
On September 17, 1978 the Camp David Accords were signed. Pieczenik was at the secret Camp David negotiations leading up to the signing of the Accords. He worked out strategy and tactics based on psychopolitical dynamics. He correctly predicted that given their common backgrounds, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin would get along.
In 1979, he resigned as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State over the handling of the Iranian hostage crisis.
In the early 1980s, Pieczenik wrote an article for The Washington Post in which he claimed to have heard a senior United States official in the Department of State Operations Center give permission for the attack that led to the death of United States Ambassador Adolph Dubs in Kabul, Afghanistan, in 1979.
In 2001, Pieczenik operated as chief executive officer of Strategic Intelligence Associates, a consulting firm.
As recently as October 6, 2012, Pieczenik was listed as a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). According to Internet Archive, his name was removed from the CFR roster sometime between October 6 and November 18, 2012. Publicly, Pieczenik no longer appears as a member of the CFR.
He studied medicine and writing, beginning with drama and poetry. But eventually "I turned to fiction because it allows me to address reality as it is or could be."
Pieczenik received a listed credit as co-creator for both Tom Clancy's Op-Center and Tom Clancy's Net Force, two best-selling series of novels, as a result of a business relationship with Tom Clancy. He was not directly involved in writing books in these series, but "assembled a team" including the ghost-writer who did author the novels, and someone to handle the "packaging" of the novels. The Op-Center series alone had grossed more than 28 million dollars in net profit for the partnership by 2003. Tom Clancy's Op-Center: Out of the Ashes was released in 2014 by St. Martins Press.
Books he has authored include novel Mind Palace (1985), novel Blood Heat (1989), self-help My Life Is Great! (1990) and paper-back edition Hidden Passions (1991), novel Maximum Vigilance (1993), novel Pax Pacifica (1995), novel State Of Emergency (1999), novel My Beloved Talleyrand (2005). He's also credited under the pseudonym Alexander Court for writing the novels Active Measures (2001), and Active Pursuit (2002).
In September 2010, John Neustadt was recognized by Elsevier as being one of the Top Ten Cited Authors in 2007 and 2008 for his article, "Mitochondrial dysfunction and molecular pathways of disease." This article was co-authored with Pieczenik.
Pieczenik is the co-author of the published textbook, Foundations and Applications of Medical Biochemistry in Clinical Practice.
In 1992, Pieczenik told Newsday that in his professional opinion, President [George H. W.] Bush was "clinically depressed". As a result, he was brought up on an ethics charge before the American Psychiatric Association and reprimanded. He subsequently quit the APA.
He calls himself a "maverick troublemaker. You make your own rules. You pay the consequences."
On May 3, 2011, radio host Alex Jones aired an interview in which Pieczenik claimed that Osama bin Laden had died of Marfan syndrome in 2001 shortly after the September 11 attacks, and that the attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001 were part of a false flag operation by entities within the American government, the Israeli leadership and Mossad.
On October 20, 2011 in an interview with Alex Jones, Pieczenik claimed that Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was alive, and said, "There’s no way they killed Muammar Gaddafi, that’s not our operating mode and I've been involved in 30 years with the takeouts and regime changes." He also criticized President Barack Obama, calling him an "obsessional pathological liar".
On November 1, 2016, Pieczenik announced on his YouTube channel that Hillary and Bill Clinton "effected a silent civilian coup through corruption and co-option. However, people in the intelligence community informally initiated a counter-coup through supplying information to Julian Assange and WikiLeaks in order to prevent Hillary Clinton from becoming the next president of the United States, while also convicting and indicting Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch, and all others who were complicit in the cover-up of the massive corruption that occurred under the Clinton Foundation."  This release received a great deal of publicity by way of re-release by websites such as Drudge Report and The Alex Jones Show resulting in the video becoming a Top Trending video on YouTube with over 3 million views in under 72 hours of release. In a subsequent release on November 4, 2016, Pieczenik discusses the possibility of a "takeover of the American republic" and makes recommendations for an appropriate response.  These and previous releases have been distributed directly from Dr. Steve Pieczenik's YouTube channel and produced by Blabor.com.
- Leland, John (July 20, 1992), "Books too early: Could Perot save us from this surplus?", The New York Times, retrieved May 5, 2011
- Toth, Robert C. (1978-04-21). "U.S. scientist aids in Moro search". St. Petersburg Times. Los Angeles Times. pp. 9A. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
Credited with devising negotiating strategy and tactics
- Kaye, Helen (July 7, 1995). "US psychiatrist and ME expert analyzes region". Jerusalem Post. The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
He was deputy assistant secretary of state under Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance and James Baker.
- Mansfield, Stephanie (February 27, 1995). "He's Been There, Done That; Steve Pieczenik, Tom Clancy's Man on the Inside". The Washington Post. The Washington Post Company. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
His father, a doctor, fled Poland before World War II. His mother, a Russian Jew, fled Europe after many of her family members were killed. The couple met in Portugal, where both had fled ahead of the Nazi invaders.
- "Biography". Steve Pieczenik. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- Pieczenik, Steve R. (Apr 1975). "Psychological dimensions of international dependency.". The American Journal of Psychiatry. 132 (4): 428–431. doi:10.1176/ajp.132.4.428. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
Analyzes the psychological consequences of international dependency
- Kelley, Matt (February 26, 2002). "Rumsfeld: Pentagon to Close Office". AP Online. Associated Press. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
Dr. Steve Pieczenik, a psychological warfare expert who has worked for the State Department and lectured at the National Defense University.
- Romano, Lois (June 10, 1992). "The reliable source". The Washington Post. The Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
Pieczenik served as deputy secretary during the Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush administrations.
- Goleman, Daniel (March 8, 1985), "Seat Of Power And Woe", The New York Times, retrieved May 5, 2011
- Kenneth Rapoza (2012-04-18). "Osama bin Laden Already Becoming the New Roswell - Forbes". Blogs.forbes.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- Geyer, Georgie Anne (1980-01-18). "We Have Ignored Soviet Paranoia". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. pp. 7A. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
U.S. State Department specialist on hostage taking
- Moore, Malcolm (March 11, 2008), "US envoy admits role in Aldo Moro killing", The Daily Telegraph, London, archived from the original on September 24, 2012, retrieved May 5, 2011
- Taubman, Philip (January 28, 1981), "Conflicts In Mental Reports Raise Questions On Captives", The New York Times, retrieved May 5, 2011
- McGrory, Mary (1977-03-13). "How Experts Can Tame Terrorists". The Pittsburgh Press. pp. B2. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
One of the most "brilliantly competent" men in the field of terrorism...
- McGrory, Mary (1977-03-13). "Balking terrorists requires expertise". Eugene Register-Guard. pp. 17A. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
...at the command center of Mayor Walter Washington and worked "side by side" with Police Chief Maurice J. Cullinane
- UPI (1981-02-18). "Coverup charged in death of U.S. envoy". Spokane Daily Chronicle. United Press International. p. 15. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
I was present. I heard it.
- Taubman, Philip (October 13, 1982). "Psychiatrists describe kafkaesque portfolio". The New York Times. The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a psychiatrist who has treated C.I.A. employees.
- Stanton, John J. (December 1, 2001). "U.S. Intelligence Community Reaches Crossroads: CIA official says agency is implementing reforms to address new threats. (Analysis).". National Defense. National Defense Industrial Association. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
Steve Pieczenik, chief executive officer of Strategic Intelligence Associates, a consulting firm.
- "THE ANNUAL REPORT OF THE SUPERINTENDENT 1976" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- InfoWars (2011, May 12). Top Doctor Confirms Bin Laden Had Marfan Syndrome. Retrieved from http://www.infowars.com/top-doctor-confirms-bin-laden-had-marfan-syndrome/
- InfoWars (2017, January 22). Search. Retrieved from http://www.infowars.com/search-page/?pieczenik/
- "U.S. Negotiating Behavior" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- Blabor. “Attention Americans.” Blabor Blog. Blabor.com, 4 November 2016 Published. Web. 23 January 2017 Accessed.Retrieved from http://blog.blabor.com/attention-americans/
- Steve Pieczenik Talks. (2016, November 4). Steve Pieczenik Talks- Get the Truth. . Retrieved from https://www.stevepieczenik.com/
- YouTube. (2016, November 4). US Takeover May Be Near (7m40s)[Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_CYS-KMjM
- "Membership Roster - Council on Foreign Relations 10/06/2012". Cfr.org. Archived from the original on October 6, 2012. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- "Membership Roster - Council on Foreign Relations 11/16/2012". Cfr.org. Archived from the original on November 18, 2012. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- "Membership Roster - Council on Foreign Relations Current". Cfr.org. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- Pieczenik, Steve (1997). State of Emergency (First ed.). Putnam Adult. ISBN 0-399-14323-8.
- "Thomas L. Clancy, Jr. v. Wanda T. King, No. 112, September Term 2007." (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Steve Pieczenik: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Barnes and Noble". Productsearch.barnesandnoble.com. 2012-04-27. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Steve Pieczenik". Steve Pieczenik. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "AIJ 2004 to 2010 - National Military Intelligence Association". Nmia.org. 2002-11-12. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- Watson, Paul (2011-05-04). "Top Government Insider: Bin Laden Died In 2001, 9/11 A False Flag". Infowars. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- No Way They Killed Gaddafi – Steve Pieczenik Reports | Source One – Independent News And Views
- Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Dr. Steve Pieczenik Absolute Sure MUAMMAR GADDAFI Is ALIVE – ‘Obama Is An Obsessional Pathological Liar!’ (Video)
- YouTube. (2016, November 1). The Hillary Clinton Takeover of the United States [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov5kvWSz5LM
- "DRUDGE REPORT." DRUDGE REPORT 2016®. N.p., 3 Nov. 2016. Web. 3 Nov. 2016. Retrieved from http://DrudgeReport.com/
- "InfoWars." Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!. N.p., 3 Nov. 2016. Web. 3 Nov. 2016. Retrieved from http://infowars.com/
- YouTube. (2016, November 3). Trending - YouTube. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/feed/trending
- YouTube. (2016, November 4). US Takeover May Be Near [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_CYS-KMjM
- "Steve Pieczenik." Steve Pieczenik - YouTube. N.p., 4 Nov. 2016. Web. 4 Nov. 2016. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/user/stevepieczenik
- YouTube. (2016, November 4). US Takeover May Be Near (7m40s)[Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_CYS-KMjM