|20th Mayor of Palm Springs|
December 5, 2007 – December 9, 2015
|Preceded by||Ron Oden|
|Succeeded by||Robert Moon|
|Member of the Palm Springs City Council|
|Born||Stephen P. Pougnet
April 27, 1963
Flint, Michigan, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Christopher Green (m. 2008)|
Pougnet was born in Flint, Michigan. Pougnet earned his Bachelor of Arts in business from Michigan State University in 1985 and later started his life of service to the public when he was elected to the Palm Springs City Council in 2003.
- Vice Chairman of the Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG)
- Chairman of the Energy & Water Conservation Subcommittee
- Vice-Chairman of the CVAG Energy and Environment Committee
- Vice Chairman of Sunline Transit Agency, the region’s public transportation management organization
- Board Member of the Palm Springs Desert Resort Convention Visitors Authority
- Member of the Riverside County Transportation Commission.
- Serves on the Riverside County Indian Gaming Local Community Benefit Committee.
In 2010, Pougnet ran unopposed in the June 2010 primary election to win the Democratic nomination for the United States House of Representatives seat representing California's 45th congressional district. In the November 2010 election, he ran against American Independent Bill Lussenheide and Republican incumbent, Mary Bono Mack. Bono Mack defeated both Pougnet and Lussenheide in the general election.
- "City of Palm Springs: Mayor & City Council". Archived from the original on December 20, 2011. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "About Steve Pougnet". California Democratic Council. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "thebacklot.com - Corner of Hollywood and Gay". 365gay.com. Archived from the original on October 6, 2010. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Felci, Erica (June 9, 2010). "Easy win for Rep. Mary Bono Mack". The Desert Sun. Retrieved June 9, 2010.[dead link]
|Mayor of Palm Springs, California
December 5, 2007–December 9, 2015