July 21, 1968
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Artist, Inker, Editor, Publisher, Letterer, Colorist|
In December 1994 he adopted the name Steve Requin and founded Les Publications Requin Roll for which he created and published many underground magazines such as Requin Roll and Les Plagiats de la BD. In 1999, he founded MensuHell, Québec's longest monthly underground comics magazine. MensuHell's ownership has been passed to Francis Hervieux in 2002, who kept publishing it until issue No. 109, dated December 2008. Steve closed down Les Publications Requin Roll in January 2003.
From November 2001 to November 2008, Steve has been a writer and artist for Safarir, Québec's answer to the American magazine Mad. He mostly wrote and/or drew parodies of TV shows and movies, but he is also known for comics series such as Malice (drawn by Serge Boisvert DeNevers) and Konar.
In 2017, at the Festival de la bande dessinée francophone de Québec, he received the Jacques-Hurtubise award for his comic project, La Clique Vidéo.
- Wow !, pop music magazine, 1988–1989
- Zine Zag, 100% comics, 1998–2004
- Safarir, Québec's illustrated humour magazine, 2001–2008
- MensuHell, Montréal underground comics 1999–2002
- Requin Roll, Montréal underground comics 1994–1999
- Les Plagiats de la BD, Montréal underground comics 1997–1999
Bibliography and sources
- BDQ, Répertoire des publications de bandes dessinées au Québec des origines à nos jours, 1999, Michel Viau, éditions Mille-Îles, Laval
- Histoire de la bande dessinée au Québec, 2008, Mira Falardeau, VLB éditeur, Études québécoises collection, Montréal