January 13, 1947 |
Freeport, New York
|Occupation||Marketing & Communications Consultant, Author|
Steve Rivkin is a marketing and communications consultant, author and speaker. He founded Rivkin & Associates LLC in 1989.
The son of a pharmacist, Rivkin comes from a medical family that includes a general practitioner, a thoracic surgeon, an ob-gyn, a radiologist, and an infertility specialist. He has consulted with healthcare organizations and more than 100 community hospitals on marketing and public affairs issues, working with partner Fraser P. Seitel, author of The Practice of Public Relations.
In 2006, Rivkin was appointed Senior Fellow in Health Communications & Marketing Strategy for the Estes Park Institute, a national healthcare educational organization. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Estes Park Institute and Volunteers in Medicine.
Another of his specialized practice areas is in naming. His firm creates new names for companies and brands. The 2004 book he co-authored, The Making of a Name, was described by Library Journal as "an authoritative and fascinating book on names and naming that will be used by entrepreneurs, students, inventors, marketers and wordsmiths at all levels."
Prior to forming his own firm, Rivkin spent 14 years working with Jack Trout and Al Ries at Trout & Ries Inc., a marketing strategy firm known for its work in positioning He left Trout & Ries as executive vice president.
Rivkin is the co-author of six books on business and marketing strategy.
- Differentiate or Die, by Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin, 2nd edition, 2008, John Wiley & Sons.
- The Making of a Name, by Steve Rivkin and Fraser Sutherland, Oxford University Press, 2004.
- IdeaWise, by Steve Rivkin and Fraser Seitel, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- The Power of Simplicity, by Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin, McGraw-Hill, 1998.
- The New Positioning, by Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin, McGraw-Hill, 1996.
- Repositioning: Marketing in an Era of Competition, Change and Crisis, by Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin, McGraw-Hill, 2010.
- Healthcare Client List
- Estes Park Institute Renowned Fellows
- Volunteers In Medicine News Releases
- Volunteers In Medicine Staff and Board
- Naming Practice
- Library Journal, New York: January 2005, Vol. 130, Issue 1, page 126.
- QuickMBA Reference on Positioning
- Speech, Seminar & Workshop Audiences
- Becker's Hospital Review
- Pragmatic Marketing
- Business Standard