||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sandvoss at Fling premiere in Florida in 2008
|Born||Stephen James Sandvoss
June 23, 1980
New York City, New York
Life and career
Sandvoss was born in New York City, New York. His mother, Joyce, is American-born, and his father, Rolf Herman George Sandvoss, was Swiss-born. Sandvoss's break as an actor came when he landed the role of a football star competing against Will Estes in the NBC drama series American Dreams. His other television roles include appearances on Dr. Vegas, Nip/Tuck, The Inside, Cold Case, E-Ring, Grey's Anatomy and Miami Medical.
Sandvoss made his feature-film debut in the 2003 independent film Latter Days. His second feature film was 2005's Rumor Has It…, starring Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Costner, Mark Ruffalo and Shirley MacLaine.
Sandvoss was cast in the short film Waning Moon, directed by Luca Colombo, which debuted in August 2006 at a Swiss Film Festival in Lugano.
In June 2006, Sandvoss began filming the horror film Buried Alive, in the role of Danny. The film was released on DVD in October 2007. In late 2006, it was announced that he would reunite with director/writer C. Jay Cox in a supporting role in the film Kiss the Bride, released in 2008.
In May 2007, Sandvoss took on the role of Mason Michael Finch in the indie film Fling (formerly titled Lie to Me), filmed on location in Kansas City, Missouri. The film had its premiere on April 26, 2008, at the Newport Beach Film Festival during the same time frame that Sandvoss was filming a pilot for the Sci-Fi Channel, "Revolution." It was announced in November, 2008 that he would appear in the independent film Exquisite Corpse.
- Tape (2004), Ivar Brick Box Theater, Hollywood; with West Liang and Elizabeth Kell.
- Latter Days (2003)
- Rumor Has It… (2005)
- Waning Moon (Short) (2006)
- Price To Pay (2006) Remains unreleased
- Buried Alive (2007)
- Kiss The Bride (2007)
- Fling (2008)
- Exquisite Corpse (2010)
- American Dreams (2003) (Episode 1.24)
- Dr. Vegas (2004) (Episode 1.1)
- Nip/Tuck (2005) (Episode 3.08)
- The Inside (2005) (Episodes 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, aired in UK after being cancelled in U.S.A.)
- Cold Case (2005) (Episode 2.18)
- E-Ring (2006) (Episode 1.21 aired in UK after being cancelled in the U.S.A.)
- Grey's Anatomy (2007) (Episode 4.06)
- Revolution (Sci-Fi Channel Pilot) (2009)
- Miami Medical (2010) (Episode 1.01)