Steve Sem-Sandberg in 2010
|Born||Snorre Steve Sem-Sandberg
16 August 1958
Steve Sem-Sandberg (born 16 August 1958) is a Swedish journalist, novelist, non-fiction writer and translator. He made his literary debut in 1976 with the two science fiction novels Sländornas värld and Sökare i dödsskuggan. He was awarded the Dobloug Prize for fiction in 2005.
Daphne Merkin in the New York Times said that he had succeeded in writing "a freshly felt, fully absorbing novel about the Holocaust," an even more difficult task as he was writing about a known historical figure in Rumkowski. By combining both intimate views and overall history, he conveys an effect "both super-realist and surrealist, in the manner of an animated documentary."
Awards and honours
- 2005 Dobloug Prize
- 2013 Jan Michalski Prize for Literature, shortlist, The Emperor of Lies
- 2016 Prix Médicis etranger, winner, Les élus
- Sländornas värld and Sökare i dödsskuggan (1976)
- De ansiktslösa, novel (1987)
- I en annan del av staden, essays (1990)
- Den kluvna spegeln, reportage (1991)
- En lektion i pardans, novel (1993)
- Theres, novel (1996)
- "Allt förgängligt är bara en bild", novel (1999)
- Prag (no exit), essays (2002)
- Ravensbrück, novel (2003)
- Härifrån till Allmänningen, novel (2005)
- The Emperor of Lies (Swedish: De fattiga i Łódź, 2009, published in translation 2011)
- "Tre romaner" (2011)
- "De utvalda" (The Chosen One) novel (2014)
- Stormen, novel (2016)
- Arneberg, Sofie. "Steve Sem-Sandberg". In Godal, Anne Marit. Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- Godal, Anne Marit (ed.). "Doblougprisen". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- Daphne Merkin, "The Man Who Ruled the Lodz Ghetto", New York Times, 4 September 2011, accessed 17 May 2013
- Doblougprisen (Store norske leksikon)
- "Edition 2013". Jan Michalski Foundation. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- M.A.O. (September 14, 2013). "Jan Michalski Prize shortlist". complete review. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Vincy Thomas (November 2, 2016). "Le Médicis 2016 couronne Ivan Jablonka, Jacques Henric et Steve Sem-Sandberg". Livres Hebdo. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
|This article about a Swedish journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Swedish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|