||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Alma mater||York University (Business).|
|Occupation||Business author and speaker.|
|Notable work||The Wealthy Freelancer (co-author), The Everything Guide to Writing Copy, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting a Web-Based Business.|
Steve Slaunwhite (born December 7, 1962, in Halifax, Nova Scotia) is a Canadian business author, copywriter and speaker, known for his books on copywriting and freelancing. He is the co-founder of International Freelancers Day.
Slaunwhite earned a business degree from York University and did post-graduate at Ryerson University. Upon graduation he began a career in professional sales during which time he published a number of sales-related articles in Sales And Marketing Journal, The American Salesman and other publications.
His first book, Start & Run A Copywriting Business (Self-counsel Press), was favorably reviewed in several publications including Wall Street Journal. His other books include The Everything Guide To Writing Copy (Adams Media), The Complete Idiot's Guide To Starting A Web-Based Business (Alpha) and The Wealthy Freelancer (Penguin)—which was a long-time Amazon business bestseller and won a 2010 Best Small Business Book award from SmallBizTrends.com.
In 2016, was named "Copywriter Of The Year" by American Writers & Artists.
- Steve Slaunwhite, Start & Run A Copywriting Business, Self-Counsel Press, 2000 & 2005 new revised edition
- Steve Slaunwhite, The Everything Guide to Writing Copy, Adams Media, 2007
- Steve Slaunwhite, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting a Web-Based Business, Alpha/Penguin, 2009
- Steve Slaunwhite (with Pete Savage and Ed Gandia), The Wealthy Freelancer, Penquin, 2010
- Various Experts, The CMA Guide to Email Marketing, Canadian Marketing Association, 2000-2014 ISBN 0814432514
- Maria Veloso, Web Copy That Sells, AMACOM, 2009.
- PR Web press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/08/prweb4425004.htm
- Publisher's website: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-16043834.html
- Editorial Reviews Section: www.amazon.com/Start-Run-Copywriting-Business/dp/1551806339/
- Gallagher, Helen (April 26, 2011). "Book Review: The Wealthy Freelancer: 12 Secrets to a Great Income and an Enviable Lifestyle by Steve Slaunwhite, Pete Savage, and Ed Gandia". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Small Biz Trends awards announcement: http://smallbiztrends.com/2010/12/readers-choice-2010-small-business-book-awards.html
- Google Books: https://books.google.com/books?id=vhtkKQEACAAJ&dq=start+and+run+a+copywriting+business&hl=en&sa=X&ei=HfZbU_HDOqSO2AXHxoH4Dg&redir_esc=y
- Google Books: https://books.google.com/books?id=Zxn7NEV8t74C&printsec=frontcover&dq=everything+guide+to+writing+copy&hl=en&sa=X&ei=U_dbU9f7M6f02gXrm4DwCA&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=everything%20guide%20to%20writing%20copy&f=false
- Amazon.com: www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Starting-Web-Based-Business-ebook/dp/B00AR183FG/
- Amazon.com: www.amazon.com/Wealthy-Freelancer-Pete-Savage-ebook/dp/B00AR19HW4/
- Publisher's website: http://www.the-cma.org/Downloads/Library/2011/EmailMarketingGuide.pdf
|This article about a Canadian writer of non-fiction literature is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|