|Born||April 5, 1956|
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||Author, editor, publisher|
|Period||Early 21st century|
|Genre||Science fiction, fantasy|
Steven David Stanton (born April 5, 1956 in Brampton, Ontario) is a Canadian author, editor, and publisher.
He founded Skysong Press in 1988 and published the fanzine Dreams & Visions for twenty years, as well as the Sky Songs anthology series, 2002-2005. He served on the Board of Directors of SF Canada for seven years from 2007-2014, including three years as President of the association from 2011-2014, when he established the bilingual SF Canada Awards.
Steve Stanton's science fiction stories have been published in sixteen countries and a dozen languages, and his cyberpunk trilogy, The Bloodlight Chronicles, was published by ECW Press in Toronto: this trilogy consists of Reconciliation (2010), Retribution (2011), and Redemption (2012). Library Journal said this "elegantly written" science fiction series "revitalizes the cyber-fiction genre with its vivid prose and believable characters." A fourth science fiction novel, Freenet, was published in 2016 by ECW Press.
- SF Canada's Steve Stanton, CBC Books, October 18, 2012. "",
- SF Canada Award Presentation, November 20, 2011. ""Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-16. Retrieved 2014-05-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)"
- Board of Directors, SF Canada, ""
- Steve Stanton: Author Interview by Roberta Laurie, On Spec Magazine #85 vol 23 no 2, Summer 2011. ""
- Steve Stanton's Bloodlight Chronicles Trilogy, ECW Press. ""
- Jackie Cassada, SF/Fantasy Reviews October 15, 2010, Library Journal, ""Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-04-25. Retrieved 2011-09-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)"
- Teresa L. Jacobsen, SF/Fantasy Reviews October 15, 2011, Library Journal, "",
- Ricky L. Brown, The Virtual Truth of the Bloodlight Chronicles, February 2, 2013, Amazing Stories, ""
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|