Tutill attending a York City match in 2011
|Full name||Stephen Alan Tutill|
|Date of birth||1 October 1969|
|Place of birth||York, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|1998||→ Darlington (loan)||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in York, Tutill joined the York City youth system on associate schoolboy forms and having been capped eight times by England schools in 1985 and 1986 he entered York's Youth Training Scheme in 1986. He made his first team debut for York as a substitute in a 1–1 draw with Rochdale in the Associate Members' Cup on 6 January 1987. He suffered a broken ankle at Bristol City in December, but having impressed manager Bobby Saxton he signed a professional contract with York in January 1988. He was named the club's Clubman of the Year for the 1990–91 season, which he completed with 47 appearances for York. He played in both legs of York's 4–3 aggregate victory over Manchester United in the League Cup second round in the 1995–96 season.
Tutill joined Darlington on a one-month loan in February 1998 and he made his debut against Mansfield Town on 21 February. He took over as captain during this period and on 19 March he agreed to sign for the club permanently on a free transfer. He signed for Chesterfield on a three-year contract in July 2000 after talks over a new deal with Darlington broke down.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946–2005. Harpenden: Queen Anne Press. p. 623. ISBN 1-85291-665-6.
- Jarred, Martin; Windross, Dave (1997). Citizens and Minstermen, A Who's Who of York City FC 1922–1997. Selby: Citizen Publications. p. 105. ISBN 0-9531005-0-2.
- Batters, Dave (2008). York City The Complete Record. The Breedon Books Publishing Company Limited. p. 428. ISBN 978-1-85983-633-0.
- Batters. York City The Complete Record. pp. 376–377.
- Batters. York City The Complete Record. pp. 386–387.
- "Centre point Steve". The Press. 21 February 1998. Retrieved 12 March 2011.
- "Cut to the bone". The Press. 16 March 1998. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Stephenson and Tutill on the move". The Press. 19 March 1998. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Tutill in Spireites switch". The Press. 7 July 2000. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Injury forces Tutill out". BBC Sport. 9 May 2002. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Pointing way to old boy City". The Press. 13 March 2004. Retrieved 5 July 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steve Tutill.|