Vallos in the 2013 NFL season.
|No. -- Free agent|
|Position:||Center (American football)|Center|
|Date of birth:||December 28, 1983|
|Place of birth:||Youngstown, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Boardman (OH)|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 7 / Pick: 232|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013|
Steve Vallos (born December 28, 1983) is an American football center who is currently a free agent. He was most recently on the roster for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He was an all-American at Wake Forest.
Vallos attended Boardman High School in Boardman, Ohio, where he played football. He was selected to participate in the Big 33 Football Classic in July 2002. He lettered all four years in track and field, and placed first in discus for Mahoning County as a senior. Vallos earned The Vindicator track all-star honors for all four years of high school.
Vallos played college football for Wake Forest University following graduation from Boardman. After redshirting the 2002 season, he started in every game in 2003 at offensive guard. He graded out at 86.1 for the season, and he earned The Sporting News third-team Freshman All-America honors.
As a 5th-year senior, Vallos led the Demon Deacons to the 2006 ACC Championship. He graded out at 90 percent for the season, the best final score of his career. Vallos left Wake Forest as the school's all-time leader in career starts (48).
Awards and honors
- Sporting News Freshman All-ACC (2003)
- Third-team Sporting News Freshman All-American (2003)
- First-team Rivals.com All-ACC (2004)
- Honorable mention All-ACC (2005)
- First-team College Football News All-ACC (2006)
- First Team Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association All-ACC (2006)
- Second-team WFCC All-American (2006)
- First-team Sports Illustrated All-American (2006)
- First-team Sporting News All-American (2006)
- College Football News ACC Player of the Year 2006)
Vallos was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the seventh round (232nd overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft. He was released during final roster cuts on September 1, 2007. He spent the 2007 season on the team's practice squad. After Chris Spencer suffered a season-ending injury in December 2008, Vallos started at center in his place. He played in 16 games in 2008 with five starts. Vallos played in all 16 games in 2009 with three starts, but was waived during final roster cuts on September 5, 2010.
He was released on August 31.
He was re-signed by the Philadelphia Eagles on September 18, 2012, to fill the spot vacated by C Jason Kelce, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve due to a knee injury.
Vallos was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on October 30, 2012, released on November 3, and signed again on November 5.
- "Buckeye squad looks to end losing streak vs. Pennsylvania". The Vindicator. July 19, 2002. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Athletes strive for perfection". The Vindicator. July 10, 2002. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Demon Deacon Football Game Notes -- Wake Forest at Clemson". CSTV. August 30, 2004. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Farnsworth, Clare (September 1, 2007). "Ex-Husky sticks as Seahawks trim roster to 53". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Ulrich, Nate (September 7, 2010). "Browns claim OL Steve Vallos, sign DB Derrick Roberson and waive LB David Veikune, OL Billy Yates". Akron Beacon Journal. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Seahawks' Spencer put on injured reserve with back injury". ESPN.com. December 3, 2008. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Seattle continues roster shuffle ahead of opener". Seattle Times. September 5, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Cabot, Mary Kay (March 13, 2012). "Cleveland Browns sign TE Alex Smith, OL John Greco". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Eagles sign pair of offensive linemen". Pro Football Weekly. March 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Eagles cut Kafka, Hanson, Atogwe". Yahoo! Sports.
- Klis, Mike (July 28, 2013). "Broncos sign free- agent center Steve Vallos". The Denver Post.
- The Sports Xchange (August 13, 2014). "Titans sign C Vallos, LB Adams". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- Patra, Kevin (August 31, 2014). "Titans add receivers T.J. Graham, Kris Durham". NFL.com. Retrieved 31 August 2014.