|Also known as||Buck Howdy|
|Origin||San Diego, California|
|Labels||RCA Nashville, MCA Nashville|
Steve Vaus, who also records under the name Buck Howdy, is an American country singer known for his children recordings as well a politician who was elected mayor of Poway in 2014. He is also known for his Christmas recordings including The Stars Come Out for Christmas series, for "Carols by Candlelight" a 28-year San Diego tradition and for his political recordings such as a TSA pat-down protest song, Joan B. Kroc-commissioned Hiroshima commemoration song, and a pro-impeachment Clinton-era song. In 1992, Vaus charted at number 68 on Hot Country Songs with "We Must Take America Back".
Vaus has been nominated for four Grammy Awards, winning in 2010 Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children.
Steve Vaus was elected in 2012 to a four-year term on the Poway City Council.
On November 4, 2014 he was elected as the Mayor of Poway, in San Diego County, CA.
Match Game 78
Steve appeared in an episode of the popular game show Match Game (Match Game). He did not win any money but took home some great consolation prizes. During the episode he mentioned a partial ownership of a coffin rental business.
|1992||"We Must Take America Back"||68|
|1992||"We Must Take America Back"|
- Varga, George (2007-12-07). "Grammys may be living dangerously this year". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Signonsandiego.com. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Buck Howdy joins the 'big guns' at the Grammys". SignOnSanDiego.com. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- McCullagh, Declan. "John Pistole posts - Politics and Law - CNET News". News.cnet.com. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Grammy Winner Pens TSA Pat-Down Protest Song". NBC San Diego. 2011-05-09. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Record commemorating first atomic bomb explosion sent to all radio stations in the U.S.". St. Petersburg Evening Independent. 5 August 1985. p. 11-B.
- "Anti-impeachment ads begin airing". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 21 January 1999. p. 9A.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 439. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- MatchGameProductions (2014-04-23), Match Game 78 (Episode 1210) (Arlene Francis Last MG70's Episode), retrieved 2017-01-14
|This article about a singer-songwriter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|