5 June 1976 |
|Occupation||Personal trainer, gym Owner|
|Known for||The Biggest Loser|
|Partner(s)||Michelle Bridges (2013-)|
|Website||Management company profile|
Steve Willis, also known as The Commando (born 5 June 1976), is one of the four trainers in the Australian version of The Biggest Loser, having participated on the show for six consecutive seasons. On The Biggest Loser, he usually wears army pants, dark sunglasses and a black singlet.
Willis joined the army in the middle of the 1990s, starting in infantry before joining the special forces. He left the army in 2004 and studied personal training while working as a labourer. He now specializes in CrossFit games, competing and training people in the fitness fad. In a CrossFit competition in 2009, he came 4th of 75 male competitors.
Willis has four children: Brianna, Ella, Jack and Axel. Rarely smiling on the show, his motto is "there are no excuses". He said that "When it comes to the training and my ethos, Steve Willis and the screen persona 'The Commando' are the same person. I believe passionately in what I do". In May 2013, Willis began dating fellow The Biggest Loser trainer, Michelle Bridges. In July 2015, the couple announced they are expecting their first child together. The couple currently resides in Sydney.
- Commando Steve: No Excuses
- Get Commando Fit by Commando Steve
- Get Commando Fit Cookbook by Commando Steve
- Nick Galvin. "The Biggest Loser Families| Commando Steve Willis training". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Sarah McInerney. "Commando Steve| The Biggest Loser| Cross Fit". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "Live chat with Commando Steve from The Biggest Loser". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2013-03-25.