Ego Likeness pose for their album Breedless
|Members||Donna Lynch – vocals, piano, words and music
Steven Archer – guitar, programming, vocals, music and words
Mindcage Rick – Live drumming
Mike K Johnson – Live drumming
|Past members||Justin "Dingo" Sabe – keytar, synths, noise
Adam Goode- bass
Tim McCracken- keyboards
Dave O'Donnell- drums
Jenny Mettee- guitar, cello
Stephanie Kim- violin
Jerome Lintz- drums
Nick "Konchog Nyima" vonZoll -drums
Dan Mullen- guitar
Amanda Mason- keyboards, backing vocals
Shaun Mason- guitar
Magpie Killjoy- drums
In 2000, Archer and Lynch took the project in a darker electronic/ dance direction, resulting in a self-released full length album entitled Dragonfly under EL's own label, Angelfall.
Dancing Ferret Records
After a short hiatus from recording, a lengthy period of trial, error, revision, and many live performances, Ego Likeness signed with Dancing Ferret Discs for the 2004 release of Water to the Dead. This album featured the band’s electronic roots while exploring a bit of a heavier rock sound.
In 2005, Ego Likeness toured Germany, Luxembourg, and the continental US with Dancing Ferret label mates The Crüxshadows, as well as performing at several festivals on the east and west coast, including Convergence 11 (San Diego CA), Dracula’s Ball (Philadelphia PA), Blacksun Festival I (New Haven CT), Freaks United (DC), Eccentrik Festival I (Raleigh NC), Dragon Con (Atlanta GA), Ring Con (Fulda, Germany) and others.
Their first album, Dragonfly, was also re-released on Dancing Ferret Discs in 2005.
2006 also saw the release of Where's Neil When You Need Him?, a tribute to writer Neil Gaiman, featuring the song "You Better Leave the Stars Alone", written for the book Stardust. The band toured Germany once again and the US with The Crüxshadows and Ayria throughout the winter of 2006–2007.
Ego Likeness also perform regularly at Wicked Faire in Somerset, NJ.
The Compass EPs
In 2007, Ego Likeness began self-releasing the first of four EPs, collectively titled The Compass. The first, South, featured new songs and old remixes.
2008 brought about the second of the Compass EPs, West, as well as their single, "The Lowest Place on Earth". This was supported by a US tour throughout late winter and spring.
In 2009, the North EP is released, featuring duet with The Dark Clan and a cover of PJ Harvey's "Down by the Water." Ego Likeness also embarked on a tour as a supporting act for Combichrist and Julien-K.
In 2012, the final EP in the Compass series, East, was released. The EP contained two original tracks, a cover of The Police's "Tea in the Sahara", and seven remixes from various artists including Angelspit and Komor Kommando.
In 2010, Ego Likeness were signed to Metropolis Records and released their fourth album, Breedless, on April 13, 2010. The album received critical acclaim from music magazines ReGen and Reflections of Darkness. Ego Likeness also appeared as one of 83 artists on both volumes of the cancer-benefit compilations, Electronic Saviors. The group's fifth full length album titled Know Thine Enemy is tentatively scheduled to be released early 2013 through Metropolis Records. On August 14, 2012 the first single for the album "Treacherous Things" was released along with a music video for the song directed by Kyle Cassidy. On October 29, 2013, the group announced on their official Facebook page a Winter 2013 US headlining tour with support from Servitior.
Ego Likeness have also shared the stage with Voltaire, The Damned, Chris Connelly, Collide, Razed in Black, Bella Morte, Das Ich, Rasputina, The Start, Iris, Decoded Feedback, The Azoic, More Machine Than Man, In Strict Confidence, Combichrist, New Model Army, Attriton, The Last Dance, Peter Murphy, and many others.
Archer and Lynch are also the creators of the experimental/instrumental/spoken word outfit The Trinity Project. Archer is the creator of the atmospheric electronica project Hopeful Machines.
Lynch has written a dark fiction novel entitled Isabel Burning, released through Raw Dog Screaming Press in 2008. She has also released two collections of poetry, In My Mouth (2000), and Ladies and Other Vicious Creatures (RDSP, 2007). Her latest, a novella called Driving Through the Desert, was released on Thunderstorm Books in April 2012.
Archer has released a children's book entitled Luna Maris and a steampunk fable chapbook titled Red King Black Rook in 2008. He is an accomplished visual artist whose collage-based work has appeared in numerous galleries and in Weird Tales magazine. He periodically DJs at venues in Baltimore and DC, and occasionally performs with New York City's Terrorfakt. He is also the creator of the electronic/ noise project Hopeful Machines and continues to show art in various venues on the east coast. Additionally, Hopeful Machines was signed to Washington, DC based label Radio-Active-Music in late 2008. Hopeful Machine's first hard copy album, ::Skinless::, was released in December 2008.
- Songs from a Dead City, Demo, 1999
- Dragonfly, 2000; Re-released 2005
- Water to the Dead, 2004
- The Order of the Reptile, 2006
- Breedless, 2010
- When the Wolves Return, 2015
- "The Lowest Place on Earth" 2008
- "Treacherous Thing" 2012
Remixes by Ego Likeness
- "When I Cared" – The Perfects on the rerelease of the album Future Automatic
- "Cassandra" – The Crüxshadows on the album Fortress in Flames
- "Terribly When" – The Last Dance on the album Reflections of Rage
- "Tarnished" – Black Tape for a Blue Girl on the single "The Scarecrow"
- "Inside of You, In Spite of You (Ti Bon Ange Mix)" – ThouShaltNot on the single "The Projectionist"
- "Vena Cava"- Angelspit on the CD Krankhaus
- "Demon"- Hypofixx on the album After December
- "Mantra (Shades of Grey version)"- The Machine in the Garden on the album XV
- "Little Drummer Boy" – With Nicki Jaine on the CD Projekt Records' Holiday Single 1
- Then and Again – Voltaire
- "The NeverEnding Story" – The Dark Clan on the Goths on a Boat EP.
- "Princess Chaos" – Angelspit on "Hideous and Perfect"
- "The World Below" – Aioboforcen on Dedale
- Raised By Bats – Voltaire
- Asleep By Dawn Magazine Presents: DJ Ferret's Underground Club Mix #1
- The Best of Radio Free Abattoir
- Dancing In The Dark: 10 Years Of Dancing Ferret
- Dancing In The Dark: 2006
- Where's Neil When You Need Him? 2006
- Electronic Saviors: Industrial Music To Cure Cancer
- Electronic Saviors: Industrial Music to Cure Cancer Vol. 2
- "Gothic Spirits 12"
- Ego Likeness biography on Metropolis Records. Metropolis-records.com. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- Ego Likeness Official Site. Egolikeness.com. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- ReGen Breedless ReView[dead link]
- Reflections of Darkness Breedless Review. Reflectionsofdarkness.com (April 15, 2010). Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- "Ego Likeness Releases New Video, Announce Upcoming Album!". Metropolis. August 16, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2012.
- Ego Likeness Treacherous Thing 2012 YouTube
- Ego Likeness on Myspace
- Ego Likeness on Facebook
- Ego Likeness Live Journal
- Hopeful Machines: Steven Archer's Atmospheric Electronica side project