Steven C. Miller
|Steven C. Miller|
March 8, 1981 |
Decatur, Georgia, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Full Sail University|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter & editor|
|Notable work||The Aggression Scale, Silent Night, Under the Bed, Automaton Transfusion|
Education and career
His feature film debut, Automaton Transfusion was made for $30,000. The film was purchased and released in 2008 worldwide by Dimension Films. Miller next filmed a remake of the horror comedy Motel Hell.
In 2011, he directed two independent low budget features. The first was the thriller The Aggression Scale, which was described by IndieWire as "Home Alone with more death". The film premiered at South by Southwest, where it was purchased by Anchor Bay Entertainment and was released worldwide in 2012. The second was Under the Bed, referred to by JoBlo.com as "a blood-soaked horror extravaganza", the film premiered at Fantasia Festival. and was released in 2013 by XLRATOR. Miller's next project was on the Christmas slasher film Silent Night, a remake of Silent Night, Deadly Night. Fearnet stated "this straightforward and scrappy little remake is somehow more entertaining than half of what passes for 'wide release' horror movies these days." Silent Night was released by Anchor Bay Entertainment.
- Automaton Transfusion (2008)
- Scream of the Banshee (2011)
- Silent Night (2012)
- Under the Bed (2012)
- The Aggression Scale (2012)
- Submerged (2015)
- Extraction (2015)
- Marauders (2016)
- The Feud (2016)
- Automaton Transfusion 2 (2017)
- Southern Fury (2017)
- Dodson, Ryan (11 May 2011). "Composing the Score for SyFy's 'Scream of the Banshee'". FSNET / Grad Stories. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Miska, Brad (August 28, 2006). "'Automaton Transfusion' Infects Screamfest Festival!!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "'Motel Hell' Remake Director Discovered!"
- Willmore, Alison (March 11, 2012). "SXSW '12 Review: 'The Aggression Scale' Is Like 'Home Alone' With More Death (But Not As Fun As That Sounds)". Indiewire. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Anchor Bay Preemptively Picks Up 'Aggression Scale'
- UNDER THE BED is an all-out assault on the senses
- Exclusive: Filming Begins on Silent Night; Director Steven C. Miller Speaks!
- Scott Weinberg (November 30, 2012). "FEARnet Movie Review: Silent Night". Silent Night. Fearnet. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Interview at MovieThunder.com