Steven Charles Wheelwright was the 9th president of Brigham Young University–Hawaii (BYU-Hawaii) from 2007 to 2015. Prior to that appointment, he was a professor and senior associate dean at Harvard Business School.
Wheelwright has a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the University of Utah and an MBA and Ph.D. from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
He served as a mission president for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in the England London Mission from 2000 to 2003.
On May 12, 2015, it was announced that effective July 27, 2015, Wheelwright would be succeeded by John S. Tanner as the president of BYU-Hawaii. In November 2015, he began a three-year term as president of the LDS Church's Boston Massachusetts Temple.
He is married to Margaret Steele Wheelwright. They are the parents of five children, including Marianne W. Lewis, the dean of the Cass Business School in London.
- ^ "Steven C. Wheelwright, Professor, Emeritus". Harvard Business School Faculty Biography's. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- ^ "New mission presidents", Church News, February 5, 2000, retrieved 2012-03-01
- ^ "BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President", Newsroom (LDS Church), 2013-05-12
- ^ New temple presidents, Church News, 16 May 2015.
- ^ Clarke, Charlotte (May 31, 2015). "Women in Business — Marianne Lewis". Financial Times. Retrieved January 18, 2016.