|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 45th district
January 3, 2001
|Preceded by||Lena Cymbrowitz|
|Born||Steven H. Cymbrowitz
November 14, 1953 
Bronx, New York
|Residence||Brighton Beach, Brooklyn|
Steven H. Cymbrowitz (born November 14, 1953) is a Democratic member of the New York State Assembly representing Assembly District 45, which consists of Brighton Beach, Manhattan Beach and Midwood, among other communities located in the borough of Brooklyn.
First elected to the State Assembly in 2000, Cymbrowitz ran uncontested in the 2008 general election. In the 2010 general election, he received 57 percent of the vote running against Republican challenger Joseph Hayon.
Cymbrowitz currently serves as Secretary to the Assembly's Majority Conference and chair of the Environmental Conservation Committee's Shoreline Protection Subcommittee. He is also a member of several other standing committees within the Assembly, including Agriculture, Codes, Health, Housing, Insurance and Steering.
Some of his previous positions within government and the non-profit sector include service as the Executive Director of the North Brooklyn Development Corporation, Director of Housing and Community Development for the Metropolitan New York Coordinating Council on Jewish Property as well as the Director of Intergovernmental Relations within the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA).
- "State Assembly: Steven H. Cymbrowitz (D), District: 45". Capitol Info. Archived from the original on March 21, 2012. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Assembly Member Steven H. Cymbrowitz (NY)". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Steven Cymbrowitz: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "NYS 45th Assembly District Map".
- "2010 C.W. Post Football Media Guide". 2010. p. 5. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
Steven Cymbrowitz 1974, NYS Assemblyman
- "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008.
- "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 18, 2013.
- Joseph Hayon for State Assembly
- Liff, Bob (August 22, 2000). "Lena Cymbrowitz, 43". New York Daily News. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- "LENA CYMBROWITZ, Born AZIZO, Passes Away At 43". Historical Society of Jews From Egypt. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Biography of Vilma Huertas" (PDF). New York City Housing Authority. August 13, 2007. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- Steven Cymbrowitz In Line For Seat
- Biodata at the New York State Democratic Committee website
- Project Vote Smart: Interest Group Ratings
- Weiner and Cymbrowitz Tour Manhattan Beach Coastline
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 45th District