Steven Fox (golfer)
|Born||January 14, 1991|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg; 11 st)|
|College||University of Tennessee at Chattanooga|
|Current tour(s)||Web.com Tour|
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 2013|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 2013|
|The Open Championship||CUT: 2013|
Fox attended Hendersonville High School and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Fox won the 2012 U.S. Amateur at Cherry Hills Country Club on the 37th hole after being down two with two holes to play. Fox was the 63rd player to qualify for match play. He had to survive a 17-man playoff for 14 spots in stroke play to qualify for the match play of the U.S. Amateur. With the win, Fox qualified for the 2013 Masters Tournament, 2013 U.S. Open, and 2013 Open Championship where he missed the cut at all three events.
Fox won the Tennessee State Amateur in August 2013.
- 2014 Tennessee Open
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT|
U.S. national team appearances
- Eisenhower Trophy: 2012 (winners)
- "Steve Fox wins U.S. Amateur". ESPN. Associated Press. August 19, 2012. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- "University of Tennessee at Chattanooga profile". Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- "Fox Wins U.S. Amateur". Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- "112th U.S. Amateur Championship – Match Play Tree". USGA. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- Branton, B.B. (August 19, 2012). "UTC's Steven Fox Wins U.S. Amateur in Dramatic Fashion". Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- Gaines, Ron (August 9, 2013). "U.S. Amateur champ Fox wins Tenn. amateur title". Golf Week. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- Wacker, Brian (September 6, 2013). "2012 Amateur champ Fox turns pro". PGA Tour. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- "First-Year Pro Adam Svensson Medals at Web.com Tour Q-School". Golf Channel.