This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Machat was born in Manhattan, New York. His father, entertainment lawyer Marty Machat was known for representing artists such as Phil Spector, Sam Cooke and The Rolling Stones. He attended University of Miami as an undergraduate, where he studied accounting, and then attended Vanderbilt University Law School.
Machat has been an worldwide entertainment attorney, music publisher, manager of music talent and record label owner as well as film producer among other commercial endeavors. His clients have included Electric Light Orchestra, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Ready for the World, Leonard Cohen, Phil Spector, Stacey Jackson, Snoop Dogg, New Edition, Bobby Brown, Manu DiBango and Rita Lee, new artists from Sweden, Yung Lean and The Sad Boys.
In London, Machat wrote the book Gods, Gangsters and Honour. It was proclaimed by various English magazines as an insider's guide to the music industry. Machat wrote the book to share the light he discovered handling the careers of many of the top icons of the music industry. The first edition of the book was published in the UK by Beautiful Books Limited (UK) in August 2009.
Steven Machat for Congress representing Florida 2018
Steven Machat is a progressive running to represent Florida's 26th District in Congress 2018.
Machat has a traditional law background, he graduated from Vanderbilt Law School and University of Miami Business School. At Vanderbilt he got his feet wet in the real legal system as a Public Defender in Davidson County TN for 2 years. He started his commercial career in 1978 as a law partner with his father the late Marty Machat at their law firm Machat & Machat in NY, LA & London.
In addition, Steven has ventured in the creative and business process in theatre, movies and movie soundtracks. Such as, “Elvis” West London Production, “Private Lives” with Elizabeth Taylor, “Flashdance”, “Streetfighter”, “Judge Dredd”, Stan Lee Properties, “HOPE” an album with the Dali Lama dedicated to Peace and the award-winning musical documentary “Bird on a Wire” about Leonard Cohen’s travels from Dublin Ireland to Tel Aviv Israel.
Steven has written 4 books: Highways of Man – The Odyssey Almanac, Man, Community & Living The American Dream, Gods, Gangsters and Honor: A Rock ‘n’ Roll Odyssey, Sacred Knowledge, A Rock ‘n’ Roller’s Guide to Higher Consciousness.
- Rousseau, M. (August 13, 2010). Bird On A Wire: Steven Machat talks to Saga, Saga.
- Murray, R. (August 16, 2010). Steven Machat Interview: Behind the Scenes on Bird On a Wire. Clash Music.
- 'Lost' Leonard Cohen film to premiere at Green Man festival, NME.com. July 23, 2010.
- "Remembering Hippos in Tanks co-founder Barron Machat". Fact. April 9, 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- Machat, Steven (2013). Gods, Gansters & Honor: A Rock n Roll Odyssey. New Yor, NY: Consciousness Manifesto, Inc. p. 2. ISBN 0983905754.
- Tracy, Liz (March 12, 2013). "Steven Machat Teaches The Secret And Sacred Knowledge Of Music To South Florida". New Times Broward-Palm Beach. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- Excess all areas: A Life in Rock n Roll, The Independent, July 31, 2009.