13 January 1987 |
Southport, Queensland, Australia
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||88 kg (13 st 12 lb)|
Steven Michael Michaels (born 13 January 1987) is a former rugby league player who played in the NRL and the Super League. His usual position was at wing but he also played centre. Michaels previously played for Hull F.C., the Brisbane Broncos and the Gold Coast Titans.
Professional playing career
In 2006, he broke into first grade, but then fractured his ankle and had to spend over three months on the sideline. He returned to play in the Queensland Cup, then played in the State League decider. As 2006 NRL Premiers, the Brisbane Broncos travelled to Britain to face 2006 Super League champions, St. Helens in the 2007 World Club Challenge. Michaels played on the wing in the Broncos' 14-18 loss.
Michaels played in every minute of every game for the 2007 season, and his good form was rewarded when he was selected to play in the Prime Minister's XIII against Papua New Guinea at the end of the season. But Michaels pulled out of the game when he had, what was suspected to be pneumonia.
He was hoping to gain a slot in the centre's for 2008 and did so, but in round 7 suffered a season-ending knee injury. He made his return in round one of the 2009 NRL season. He partners with Antonio Winterstein on the left flank.
Gold Coast Titans
Michaels was named in an ongoing investigation into players and ex-players supplying cocaine.
|2005 Brisbane Broncos season||3||2||-||-||8|
|2006 Brisbane Broncos season||4||1||-||-||4|
|2007 Brisbane Broncos season||25||10||-||-||40|
|2008 Brisbane Broncos season||7||1||-||-||4|
|2009 Brisbane Broncos season||19||8||-||-||32|
|2010 Brisbane Broncos season||10||4||-||-||16|
|2011 Gold Coast Titans season||23||10||-||-||40|
|2012 Gold Coast Titans season||17|
|2013 Gold Coast Titans season||9|
(* denotes season still competing)
- "Hull 1st Team Steve Michaels". Hull FC. Hull FC. 2015. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "SportingPulse Homepage for Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League". SportingPulse. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- Broncos irate with ARL chief - League - Fox Sports
- "Michaels wants centre of attention". Fox Sports. 2008-02-21. Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- "Queensland name preliminary State of Origin squad". Fox Sports. 2009-04-28. Archived from the original on 28 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "Steve Michaels released from Brisbane Broncos joins Gold Coast Titans" (28 May 2010) Fox Sports
- http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/gold-coast-titans/former-gold-coast-titans-ashley-harrison-steve-michaels-charged-with-supplying-a-dangerous-drug-20150227-13r7v6.html?eid=socialn%3Afac-14omn0013-optim-nnn%3Anonpaid-25%2F06%2F2014-social_traffic-all-organicpost-nnn-smh-o&campaign_code=nocode&promote_channel=social_facebook/ Former Gold Coast Titans Ashley Harrison, Steve Michaels charged with supplying a dangerous drug at Sydney Morning Herald