|Full name||Steven Motlop|
|Date of birth||12 March 1991|
|Original team(s)||Wanderers (NTFL)|
|Draft||No. 39, 2008 national draft|
|Height / weight||185 cm / 85 kg|
|Position(s)||Forward / Midfielder|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of round 8, 2017.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Motlop was selected by Geelong with the 39th pick in the 2008 AFL Draft. Had previously been playing with the Wanderers in the Northern Territory. He is the younger brother of North Melbourne premiership player Shannon Motlop and former Port Adelaide forward Daniel Motlop, and the cousin of Port's Marlon Motlop.
His performances at the 2008 National AFL Under 18 and Under 16 championships were hampered by a shoulder injury, which was operated on prior to the draft, but he still managed to kick five goals in the division two final at the MCG.
After a strong 2013 season, Motlop was selected in the AFL Players' Association's inaugural 22under22 team. In 2014, Round 16, Motlop collected a career high 30 disposals to go along with 5 marks and 4 tackles.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2016 season.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Piesse, Ken (30 November 2008). "A young Steven Motlop excites Geelong". Herald Sun. Australia. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- Ralph, Jon (24 November 2008). "Daniel Motlop shoulders burden". Herald Sun. Australia. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- Quayle, Emma (28 September 2008). "Vic Metro wraps up under-16 title". realfooty.com.au. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- Vaughan, Roger (5 April 2010). "Geelong's Motlop dislocates shoulder". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 5 April 2010.
- Holmesby, Luke (8 May 2012). "Cream rising". AFL BigPond network. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- McInerney, Sam. "2013 22under22 Team Announced". AFL Players' Association. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Steven Motlop statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 19 September 2012.