|Born||May 29, 1990|
Redondo Beach, California, United States
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10 st 5 lb)|
|Reach||70 in (178 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Plano, Texas, United States|
McKinney, Texas, United States
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Steven Peterson (born May 29, 1990) is an American mixed martial artist who competes in the Featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). A professional competitor since 2010, he has also competed for Bellator Fighting Championships and the Legacy Fighting Alliance.
Mixed martial arts career
He made his second and final appearance in Bellator on March 23, 2012 against Chris Jones at Bellator 62, losing via split decision. Peterson competed extensively in both Legacy FC and Legacy Fighting Alliance, winning the Legacy FC Bantamweight title at Legacy FC 56 vs. Manny Vasquez via rear-naked choke. He lost a title unification bout at LFA 1 against Leandro Higo via unanimous decision.
Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series
Ultimate Fighting Championship
He made his UFC debut at UFC Fight Night 126 on February 18, 2018 against Humberto Bandenay. However due to visa issue for Bandenay, he was replaced by Brandon Davis,  He lost the fight via unanimous decision. This fight earned him the Fight of the Night award.
Championships and achievements
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|24 matches||17 wins||7 losses|
|Win||17–7||Matt Bessette||Decision (split)||The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale||July 6, 2018||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||16–7||Brandon Davis||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs. Medeiros||February 18, 2018||3||5:00||Austin, Texas, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||16–6||Dustin Winter||TKO (punches)||LFA 28: Jackson vs. Luna||December 8, 2017||2||2:38||Dallas, Texas, United States||Return to Featherweight.|
|Loss||15–6||Benito Lopez||Decision (split)||Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series - Season 1, Episode 7||August 22, 2017||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||15-5||Ryan Hollis||Submission (rear-naked choke)||LFA 16: Bedford vs. Flick||July 14, 2017||2||1:43||Dallas, Texas, United States||Catchweight (140 lbs) bout.|
|Loss||14-5||Leandro Higo||Decision (unanimous)||LFA 1: Peterson vs. Higo||January 13, 2017||5||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States||Lost Legacy FC Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||14-4||Manny Vasquez||Technical Submission (rear-naked choke)||Legacy FC 56||June 24, 2016||4||3:08||Dallas, Texas, United States||Won Legacy FC Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||13-4||Irwin Rivera||Decision (unanimous)||Legacy FC 46||October 2, 2015||3||5:00||Allen, Texas, United States|
|Win||12-4||Caio Machado||Submission (guillotine choke)||Legacy FC 38||February 13, 2015||1||3:55||Allen, Texas, United States|
|Win||11–4||Ray Rodriguez||Decision (unanimous)||Legacy FC 33||July 18, 2014||3||5:00||Allen, Texas, United States|
|Win||10-4||Ray Rodriguez||TKO||Legacy FC 28||February 21, 2014||2||n/a||Arlington, Texas, United States|
|Win||9–4||Nelson Salas||TKO (punches)||Xtreme Knockout 19||August 17, 2013||4||1:58||Dallas, Texas, United States||Defended XKO Bantamweight Championship.|
|Loss||8–4||George Pacurariu||KO (punch)||Legacy FC 19||April 12, 2013||1||3:42||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Loss||8–3||Matt Hobar||Decision (majority)||Legacy FC 16||December 14, 2012||3||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Win||8–2||Cody Williams||Submission (omoplata)||Legacy FC 14||September 14, 2012||2||4:46||Houston, Texas, United States||Catchweight (140 lbs) bout.|
|Win||7–2||Matt Hobar||TKO (arm injury)||Legacy FC 13||August 17, 2012||1||4:04||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Loss||6–2||Chris Jones||Decision (split)||Bellator 62||March 23, 2012||3||5:00||Laredo, Texas, United States|
|Win||6–1||Steve Garcia||Submission (guillotine choke)||Legacy FC 8||September 16, 2011||1||1:40||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||5–1||Alex Russ||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Xtreme Knockout 11||July 23, 2012||1||1:57||Arlington, Texas, United States|
|Win||4–1||Douglas Frey||Decision (majority)||Xtreme Knockout 10||April 9, 2012||4||1:11||Arlington, Texas, United States|
|Win||3–1||Quaint Kempf||Submission (armbar)||Xtreme Knockout 9||January 29, 2011||1||0:24||Arlington, Texas, United States|
|Loss||2–1||Brad Mitchell||Decision (unanimous)||Xtreme Knockout 8||October 9, 2010||3||3:00||Arlington, Texas, United States|
|Win||2–0||Ernest de la Cruz||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 27||September 2, 2010||3||3:00||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Win||1–0||Marcus Dupar||Submission (armbar)||TCF: Puro Combate 1||August 4, 2010||3||2:26||Houston, Texas, United States|
- "Bellator 27 main card set with four bouts, prelims feature six bouts (Updated)". MMAjunkie. 2010-08-31. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Steven Peterson def. Ernest de la Cruz :: Bellator 27 :: MMA Decisions". www.mmadecisions.com. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Bellator 62 prelim fights include notables Cosmo Alexander, Rad Martinez". MMAjunkie. 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Bellator 62 Results: Lightweights Advance; Prindle Wins Title Shot Without a Fight | MMAWeekly.com". www.mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Steven Peterson Captures Legacy Bantamweight Title". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "Leandro Higo Captures LFA Bantamweight Title". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "LIVE! 'Contender Series' 7 Results, Play-By-Play Updates". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Due to Humberto Bandenay's visa issues, Brandon Davis steps in at UFC-Austin". MMAjunkie. 2018-02-09. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- Jr., Fernando Quiles (2018-02-19). "Brandon Davis Outguns Steven Peterson In Austin". LowKickMMA.com. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "UFC Fight Night 126 bonuses: Brandon Davis, Steven Peterson get $50,000 for slugfest". MMAjunkie. 2018-02-19. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- Staff (2018-05-04). "Matt Bessette vs. Steven Peterson added to The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-05-04.
- "TUF 27 Finale results: Steven Peterson wins split decision from Matt Bessette with tenacity". MMAjunkie. 2018-07-07. Retrieved 2018-07-07.