|Full name||Steven Gary Narvey Thicot|
|Date of birth||14 February 1987|
|Place of birth||Montreuil, France|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back / Defensive midfielder|
|2006–2007||→ Sedan (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:00, 12 February 2017.
Thicot was trained at the Clairefontaine academy and was part of the France national youth football team that won the 2004 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. He signed for Nantes in 2003, but he did not play for their first team. He was loaned to Sedan for the 2006–07 season, for whom he appeared three times in Ligue 1, but he was eventually released by Nantes in June 2008.
Thicot went on trial with Scottish Premier League club Hibernian, for whom he appeared as a substitute in a pre-season friendly against FC Barcelona. He signed for Hibernian on 29 July 2008, and made his Scottish Premier League debut in the 1–0 defeat at Kilmarnock in early August. Thicot had to be substituted after just 33 minutes due to a thigh injury that kept him out of action for "weeks". He returned to the team in a 2–1 win at Aberdeen, but was again substituted.
Thicot became a regular under Mixu Paatelainen, but the Finnish manager left Hibs at the end of the 2008–09 season. John Hughes, who was appointed to replace Paatelainen, initially gave Thicot fewer opportunities in the team; Thicot made his first appearance of the 2009–10 season in January. Thicot continued to feature in the team infrequently under Colin Calderwood, and was advised in April 2011 that his contract would not be renewed.
Back in Portugal: Belenenses and Tondela
In season 2014/15 Thicot played for Belenenses Lisabon and helped them to finish 7th in Portugal Liga NOS. First half of season 2015/16 Thicot was without club, eventually he signed for Tondela in January 2016, in that time last placed club in Portugal League, but they succeed to stay in league with series of good results in second half of season and finally won in last round and secure their place in top league.
- Hardie, David (25 July 2008). "Hibs boss makes a move for French star". Edinburgh Evening News. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "Hibs open Thicot talks". Sky Sports. 25 July 2008.
- "Hibs new boy Thicot's injury blow". BBC Sport. 10 August 2008.
- Campbell, Andy (4 October 2008). "Aberdeen 1–2 Hibernian". BBC Sport.
- Martin, Robert (21 January 2010). "Yogi gave me a gift". The Sun. Retrieved 8 March 2010.
- "Hibernian to release 10 players". BBC Sport. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Steven Thicot reforça a defesa". Visao (in Portuguese). 14 July 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Steven Thicot la Dinamo" (in Romanian). fcdinamo.ro. 2 August 2013.
- "Dinamo - Ceahlăul 1-0. Thicot a marcat primul gol în tricoul dinamovist" (in Romanian). Dolce Sport. 6 October 2013.