|• Total||6.1 sq mi (15.9 km2)|
|• Land||6.1 sq mi (15.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
|• Density||958.0/sq mi (369.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0598122|
Stevensville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Queen Anne's County, Maryland, and is the county's most populous place among both CDPs and municipalities. The Stevensville Historic District is one of only two registered historic districts in the county, the other being the Centreville Historic District.
In addition to the Stevensville Historic District, the Christ Church, Cray House, Friendship, Legg's Dependence, Mattapax, and Stevensville Bank are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Stevensville is located at (38.981128, -76.318757).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 6.1 square miles (16 km2), all land.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Stevensville has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,880 people, 2,071 households, and 1,609 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 958.0 people per square mile (369.8/km²). There were 2,165 housing units at an average density of 352.7/sq mi (136.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 93.88% White, 2.60% African American, 0.37% Native American, 1.14% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.68% from other races, and 1.31% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race accounted for 1.02% of the population.
There were 2,071 households out of which 45.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.1% were married couples living together, 8.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.3% were non-families. 16.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.84 and the average family size was 3.22.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 31.5% under the age of 18, 5.0% from 18 to 24, 37.9% from 25 to 44, 19.4% from 45 to 64, and 6.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 101.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $63,962, and the median income for a family was $68,190. Males had a median income of $49,245 versus $31,017 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $23,887. About 1.8% of families and 2.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.7% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- Frank E. Petersen, first African-American Marine Corps aviator and the first African-American Marine Corps general
- Brock Adams, former United States Secretary of Transportation and United States senator from Washington
- Edward "E.J." Pipkin, Former Maryland state senator
- Frank Kratovil, former U.S. congressman
- Paul Reed Smith, luthier, founder of PRS Guitars
- Luke Kleintank, Famous actor
- Bay Bridge Airport (W29) is a small, county owned, public landing strip in Stevensville, overlooking the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Many private airplanes take off and land there every day.
- Kentmorr Airpark (3W3) is a small airpark community adjacent to Kentmorr Marina.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stevensville, Maryland.|
- Staff (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Stevensville, Maryland
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Bay Bridge Airport