Steven Aaron Jordan|
November 2, 1973
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Home town||Rochester, New York, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Faith Evans (m. 2018)|
Steven Aaron Jordan (born November 2, 1973) better known by his stage name Stevie J, is an American musician, songwriter, record producer, and television personality. One of the more successful record producers of the mid-to-late 1990s, Jordan won a 1997 Grammy Award for his work on Puff Daddy's debut album No Way Out and produced for a number of artists including Mariah Carey, Tevin Campbell, The Notorious B.I.G., 112, Jodeci, Faith Evans, Jay-Z, and Eve.
Born Steven Aaron Jordan on November 2, 1973 in Buffalo, New York to Moses Jordan and Penny Daniels. Jordan was raised in Rochester, New York by his father after his mother abandoned the family.
Jordan first rose to fame as a member of Bad Boy Records' "Hitmen" roster of in-house producers and writers during the 1990s. He worked often with label owner Sean "Puffy" Combs, producing on several Bad Boy projects, such as the self-titled debut album of R&B quartet 112. Jordan produced their lead single "Only You" featuring The Notorious B.I.G.. Jordan produced several records on Notorious B.I.G.'s Life After Death album, such as "Mo Money Mo Problems", "Nasty Boy", "Notorious Thugs" (featuring Bone Thugs-N-Harmony), "Another", "You're Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You)", and "Last Day". Jordan went on to win a Grammy Award for production work on Combs' No Way Out album, most notably the Notorious B.I.G. tribute song, I'll Be Missing You. Outside of his association with Bad Boy, he has also produced for artists including Mariah Carey, with whom he was nominated for a Grammy Award for the contribution on her album Butterfly (1997). From the album, he produced songs like "Honey" (the album's lead single), "Breakdown" (featuring Bone Thugs-n-Harmony), "Babydoll", and for Carey's #1's (1998) "I Still Believe" and "Theme from Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)". In the summer of 1997, three of the aforementioned Stevie J-produced records (I'll Be Missing You, Mo Money Mo Problems, and Honey) topped the Billboard Hot 100 consecutively from the chart weeks of June 14 through September 27, 1997. He has also produced for Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Brian McKnight, Ma$e, Lil' Kim, Deborah Cox, Simbi Khali, Tamia and Tevin Campbell. Jordan also co-wrote the 2001 hit single "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" for Eve.
Prior to joining Bad Boy Records, Stevie J often performed with Jodeci as one of their live musicians, playing the bass guitar. Stevie also appeared on their 1995 album The Show, The After Party, The Hotel. Jordan was a member of Swing Mob, a Rochester, New York-based record label and music compound founded by Jodeci member DeVante Swing. After Swing Mob folded and Jordan signed with Bad Boy, he continued a working relationship with Swing's younger brother and fellow Jodeci member Dalvin DeGrate, producing and singing on DeGrate's solo debut album, Met.A.Mor.Phic (2000).
In 2012, Stevie J began appearing as a primary castmember of the VH1 reality TV series, Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, which featured him involved in a love triangle involving his then girlfriend, Mimi Faust, and new girlfriend, Puerto Rican rapper Joseline Hernandez. It was alleged that Stevie and Joseline Hernandez were married, but later revealed that they were actually not legally married.
Since the show premiered in 2012, Jordan and Hernandez have become a popular couple in the hip-hop world, making cameo appearances in music videos such as former labelmate Faith Evans' "I Deserve It", featuring Missy Elliott and Sharaya J and Trey Songz's Hail Mary, featuring Young Jeezy and Lil Wayne. In 2016, Jordan announced that he will be producing and starring in a movie "That Time of the Month" which is set to be released by the end of the year.
- with Rhonda Henderson, son Dorian Jordan (born 1995).
- with Felicia Stover, daughter Sade Jordan (born 1995).
- with Carol Antoinette Bennett, son Steven Jordan Jr. (born 1997) and daughter Savannah Jordan (born 1998).
- with Mimi Faust, daughter Eva Giselle Jordan (born 2009).
- with Joseline Hernandez, daughter Bonnie Bella Jordan (born December 28, 2016).
Both Mimi and Joseline appear with Stevie on Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta. He also has an adopted son, Angel Antonio Fernandez. He just recently got married to Faith Evans. He has a grandson, Zion, from his eldest son Dorian. He was arrested in New York in 2014 for nonpayment of court-ordered child support and owed over $1,107,412 at the time. He linked to Estelita Quinetro, in 2017—18.
|2012–present||Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta||Himself||Supporting (Seasons 1–3) |
Main Cast (Season 4—7)
|2013; 2014||BET Hip Hop Awards||Himself||Pre-Show Host|
|2014||This Is Hot 97||Himself||Guest|
|2015||Love & Hip Hop Live: The Wedding||Himself||Host|
|2016||Stevie J & Joseline: Go Hollywood||Himself||Main Cast |
|2016—2018||Leave It To Stevie||Himself||Main Cast |
|2017||Joseline's Special Delivery||Himself||Guest|
- "Status of Deadbeats > Arrested Deadbeats > Arrested: Steven Jordan". Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Archived from the original on December 18, 2016. Retrieved December 18, 2016. Note: Live HHS link goes to error page, but copy-pasting the URL works.
- "Stevie J". The New York Times.
- "The Grammys Past Winners Search (results)". The Recording Academy. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "Stevie J and Biggie Smalls". Empire BBK. 2016-12-16. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- VH1 - Stevie J’s Mom Wants To Take Joseline To Church In This Stevie J & Joseline Go Hollywood Highlight - March 11, 2016
- Black, Elizabeth. "10 Things You Definitely Didn't Know About Stevie J". vh1.com. Viacom Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- "YouKnowIGotSoul Interview With Producer Stevie J". youknowigotsoul.com. You Know I Got Soul. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- Ortiz, Edwin (August 26, 2013). "VladTV's True Hip-Hop Stories starring Stevie J, Mimi Faust & Eve". Complex.com.
- ""I Deserve It feat. Missy Elliott & Sharaya J" by Faith Evans". Vh1. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Mimi FAust, Stevie J's DAughter Eva Birthday
- [http://www.vh1.com/news/296188/joseline-hernandez-gives-birth-to-bonnie-bella-posts-a-hilarious-instagram-video-detailing-the-birth Joseline Gives Birth To DAughter Bonnie]