Lunar Orbiter 5 image
|Colongitude||306° at sunrise|
Stevinus is a lunar impact crater located in the southeast part of the Moon. To the southeast is the large crater Furnerius. Just to the northeast is Snellius and the Vallis Snellius crater valley. To the west-northwest lies Reichenbach. To the west-northwest of Stevinus is the tiny crater Stevinus A, a feature that possesses a small ray system and a displays a high albedo.
Stevinus has a high inner wall and a central peak at the midpoint of the interior floor. The inner walls are slumped, so that the side slopes down sharply, then more gradually. There are several small ridges on the floor, in addition to the peak. Due to its ray system, Stevinus is mapped as part of the Copernican System.
By convention these features are identified on lunar maps by placing the letter on the side of the crater midpoint that is closest to Stevinus.
|A||31.8° S||51.6° E||8 km|
|B||31.1° S||52.6° E||20 km|
|C||33.4° S||52.8° E||19 km|
|D||34.8° S||50.9° E||22 km|
|E||35.3° S||52.5° E||16 km|
|F||30.6° S||52.7° E||10 km|
|G||33.7° S||50.4° E||13 km|
|H||33.2° S||50.6° E||15 km|
|J||36.1° S||52.4° E||13 km|
|K||34.3° S||55.4° E||8 km|
|L||33.8° S||56.1° E||14 km|
|R||31.6° S||50.9° E||26 km|
|S||30.7° S||51.2° E||7 km|
- Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition. CD-ROM. Meade, April 2006.
- Rükl, Antonín (1990). Atlas of the Moon. Kalmbach Books. ISBN 978-0-913135-17-4.
- The geologic history of the Moon, 1987, Wilhelms, Don E.; with sections by McCauley, John F.; Trask, Newell J. USGS Professional Paper: 1348. Plate 11: Copernican System (online)
- Bussey, B.; Spudis, P. (2004). The Clementine Atlas of the Moon. New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-81528-4.
- Wood, Chuck (October 8, 2006). "Headlights of Stevinus". Lunar Photo of the Day. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved 2006-10-08.
- Wood, Chuck (September 20, 2007). "An Unfamiliar Fresh Crater". Lunar Photo of the Day. Archived from the original on May 16, 2011. Retrieved 2007-09-20.