Stewart Lake National Wildlife Refuge
|Stewart Lake National Wildlife Refuge|
IUCN category IV (habitat/species management area)
|Location||Slope County, North Dakota, United States|
|Nearest city||Bowman, ND|
|Area||2,230 acres (900 ha)|
|Governing body||U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service|
Stewart Lake National Wildlife Refuge is a 2,230-acre (900 ha) National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) in the U.S. state of North Dakota. Almost 1,600 acres (650 ha) of Stewart Lake NWR is an easement refuge and is on privately owned land, but the landowners and U.S. Government work cooperatively to protect the resources. The remaining acreage is on public lands. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service oversees Stewart Lake NWR from their offices at Audubon National Wildlife Refuge.
- "Stewart Lake National Wildlife Refuge". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Annual Report of Lands Under Control of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service" (pdf). U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. September 30, 2010. p. 26. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Stewart Lake, ND (Map). Topoquest (USGS Quads). Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Examples of Conservation Easements". U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "North Dakota National Wildlife Refuges". U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
|This article related to a protected area in North Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|