Stewart Manor, New York
Stewart Manor, New York
|Village of Stewart Manor|
|• Total||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|• Land||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||85 ft (26 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||9,500/sq mi (3,800/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0966409|
The Village of Stewart Manor is within the northern part of the Town of Hempstead on Long Island and is a suburb of New York City. The Stewart Manor (LIRR station), located in adjacent Garden City, serves Stewart Manor.
Stewart Manor is located at (40.720578, -73.685177).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
This article needs to be updated.April 2013)(
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,935 people, 718 households, and 564 families residing in the village. The population density was 9,784.9 people per square mile (3,735.5/km2). There were 726 housing units at an average density of 3,671.2 per square mile (1,401.6/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 93.28% White, 1.76% African American, 1.91% Asian, 1.45% from other races, and 1.60% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.03% of the population.
There were 718 households out of which 32.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.1% were married couples living together, 12.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.4% were non-families. 19.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.10.
In the village, the population was spread out with 23.2% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 28.6% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 16.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 84.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 81.6 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $84,913, and the median income for a family was $97,922. Males had a median income of $67,031 versus $41,042 for females. The per capita income for the village was $35,371. About 1.9% of families and 2.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.2% of those under age 18 and 3.9% of those age 65 or over.
Stewart Manor School (Grades K-6, Students: 344)
Sewanhaka High School (Grades 7–12, Students: 1,567) A nationally ranked school in the 2012 U.S. News & World Report Best Schools list.
The Stewart Manor street Fernwood Terrace is split between Garden City UFSD and Sewanhaka/Franklin Square UFSD
- Sal Paolantonio (born 1956), Philadelphia-based bureau reporter for ESPN, who primarily reports on NFL stories.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "ESPN's Sal Paolantonio Earns Suny Honor, Will Deliver Commencement Speech at Suny Oneonta", readMedia.com, April 12, 2013. Accessed January 11, 2018. "Paolantonio grew up in Stewart Manor, Long Island, and attended Sewanhaka High School in Floral Park, N.Y."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stewart Manor, New York.|
- History of Stewart Manor in Newsday