|Title||FIDE Candidate Master |
FIDE International Organizer
Stewart Reuben is a British chess player, organiser, arbiter and author. He has also been a professional poker player, been called "one of Britain's foremost poker players" and "one of the best two or three players in England", and written several books on the topic.
Reuben has officiated at and/or organised a number of high-level chess events held in Britain and elsewhere, including the world chess championship, and was chief organiser of British Chess Championship Congresses for a number of years. He was the chairman of the British Chess Federation from 1996 to 1999, and is currently Manager of Senior Chess for the English Chess Federation. As of 2006, he is chairman of the FIDE Organisers' Committee and a member of other FIDE committees. He holds the FIDE International Arbiter and International Organizer titles.
Reuben has authored several books on chess including Chess Openings: Your Choice! and The Chess Organiser's Handbook. He is also the author of several books on poker, including How Good is your Pot-Limit Omaha, How Good is your Pot Limit Hold'Em?, Poker 24/7: 35 years as a Poker Pro, and Starting Out in Poker. Reuben also co-authored Pot-Limit and No-limit Poker with Bob Ciaffone, which Mason Malmuth called "the best information ever put out on these games". His teaching book Play Like a Pro was translated into French as Jouez comme les pros in 2007, and then recommended by the French travel guide publisher Petit Futé for French visitors to Las Vegas.
- The Chess Scene (1974) Faber ISBN 978-0571104161 (with David Levy)
- Chess Openings: Your Choice! (1995) Cadogan Books ISBN 978-1857440706
- The Chess Organiser's Handbook (1998 1st edition) Everyman Chess ISBN 978-1857441994; (2001 new edition) ISBN 978-0954098209
- London 1980: Phillips and Drew Kings Chess Tournament (2010) Ishi Press ISBN 4-87187-859-7 (with William Hartston)
- Pot-Limit & No-Limit Poker (1999 2nd edition) ISBN 978-0966100716 (with Bob Ciaffone)
- Starting Out in Poker (2001) Everyman Chess ISBN 978-1857442724
- How Good is Your Pot-Limit Omaha? (2004) D&B Publishing ISBN 978-1904468073
- How Good is Your Pot Limit Hold'em? (2004) D&B Publishing ISBN 978-1904468080
- An Introduction to Poker (2005) Parragon Publishing ISBN 978-1405461566
- Poker 24/7: 35 Years as a Poker Pro (2005) D&B Publishing ISBN 978-1904468165
- Stewart Reuben vs Robert James Fischer, New York blitz 1963, English Opening: Anglo-Indian Defense (A16), ½–½
- Stewart Reuben vs David Bronstein, London Menchik-mem 1994, English Opening: Agincourt Defense (A13), ½–½
- Tony Drapkin, Richard Forsyth (1987). The Punter's Revenge: Computers in the World of Gambling. Taylor & Francis. p. 225.
- Spanier, David (2001). The Hand I Played: A Poker Memoir. University of Nevada Press. p. 212.
Stewart Reuben poker.
- Hurst, Sarah (2003). Curse of Kirsan: Adventures in the Chess Underworld. Scb Distributors. p. 103.
- Malmuth, Mason (1999). Gambling Theory and Other Topics. Two Plus Two Publishing. p. 319. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Las Vegas - Grands parcs 2011 ed. Dominique Auzias, Jean-Paul Labourdette 2011 - Page 219 "Stewart Reuben. 2007. Éditeur: Broquet. Vous voulez jouer au poker mais n'en connaissez pas ou peu les règles ? Vous détenez une main gagnante mais ne savez pas comment rester impassible face à vos adversaires ? Voici un livre fait ..."